Why become a member? ×

Origin Effects - Bassrigs

jimmyb625

3 minutes ago, risingson said:

The ‘64 Black Panel is amazing, I really do love the tone but I do wish the cab sim was defeatable. As it stands I only use it as a preamp and take the 1/4” into another DI, which sort of defeats the point of using it as a standalone unit. There is the smallest amount of noise when I use the pedal this way, not enough to be an issue live but when recording it would either need gating or dealing with the noise which isn’t ideal for an engineer. 

Same here. I found the cab sim took out too much top end so I am running the amp output into a Radial passive DI box. If I need to knock back the treble I tend to use the tweeter switch. And yes there is some hiss, but the tone is stellar. I’m using a Cali76 Compact into it so that if I dig in hard I can get a little bit of break-up. Next gig with this setup will be with Dire Streets at Bingley Little Theatre on 16 December. The whole thing fits neatly into a laptop bag.

0nfVuQn.jpg%20

• Like 2

Just now, JapanAxe said:

Same here. I found the cab sim took out too much top end so I am running the amp output into a Radial passive DI box. If I need to knock back the treble I tend to use the tweeter switch. And yes there is some hiss, but the tone is stellar. I’m using a Cali76 Compact into it so that if I dig in hard I can get a little bit of break-up. Next gig with this setup will be with Dire Streets at Bingley Little Theatre on 16 December. The whole thing fits neatly into a laptop bag.

0nfVuQn.jpg%20

Ha funny, I take mine into a Radial JDI. The Jensen transformer pairing, as you say similarly, sounds incredible. I played a gig through a Noble the other night (not mine sadly) and much preferred the 64 paired with my DI, although I’d be interested to have spent more time in comparing.

Just wish Origin had figured the cab sim thing at R&D.