Why become a member? ×

Origin Effects - Bassrigs

jimmyb625

I was just thinking about Tech 21. Nobody's really challenged them for vintage / SVT type amp in a box pedals for years. Even Darkglass seem to do minimal updates to the VMT line and concentrate on the more modern metal stuff.

£400 is a lot of money though - especially as the Tech 21 VT Bass Di is about £235

• Like 3

I think a lot of us have been hoping that Origin would bring out a bass pedal - now we have two - but at the back of my mind I always knew they were gonna be spendy!

Still it's good to see more bass specific gear released even if it is a bit out of reach and they do sound good.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Another pedal that needs a PSU! With many gigs spare plug sockets are a luxury. 

I suppose batteries will become a thing of the past for pedals. Many pedals need higher current so batteries sometimes die in under an hour, and disposable batteries are an ecological disaster.

Pedal board with a good power supply solves both problems.

• Like 4

I was an early adopter of the Revival Drive, which I use in conjunction with an IR loader as a guitar recording front end, and for headphone practice when it’s not convenient to fire up a small valve amp at home. I later added the Compact version to my main guitar gigging pedalboard.

My experience is that they work exceptionally well at mimicking the operation of real amps, whether clean or overdriven. I previously used either a Tech 21 PSA1 (which effectively does the job of all the character pedals) or amp models from a Zoom MS50G, but to me the RD trashed both of those. Origin pedals are not cheap but they are so worth it.

My first purchase of the new tax year will be a BassRig pedal. So far I am leaning heavily towards the ‘64 Black Panel - what about you?