Why become a member? ×

Calling all west country members (specifically Torquay & Teignmouth areas)

leschirons

Daughter is getting married on June 11th down in Teignmouth, Devon. Her special request is that my old function band do the reception gig. Problem is, they're French and, in France. 4 pce, vox, bass, guitar and drums.  They're coming over with instruments only ( guitar and a bass) but would need me to provide P.A. and backline. We live in Norfolk.  I can probably get my Ludwig kit down, my guitar combo and my Shuttle combo over a couple of trips beforehand but certainly won't be able to fit a P.A. in as we'll also have our son and partner in the car.

So, does anyone know of anywhere reasonable and local (ish)  that will hire out a fairly small P.A. 500-600watts will be more than enough. No need for Subs. Just a couple of tops, a mixer, relevant cables and at worst, a couple of monitors although one would do. Don't need any mics. Not sure if I'd need it delivered yet but the option would be nice. Somewhere between 80 -100 guests so think more village hall than Glastonbury, equipment wise.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Starting to panic,

Swaffham.

Edited by leschirons
Spelling

• leschirons changed the title to Calling all west country members (specifically Torquay & Teignmouth areas)