Why become a member? ×

Behringer FCB1010 foot controller

tonybassplayer

Hi, I have the Behringer Bass V Amp Pro that I just essentially use as a tuner but two of my bands have new songs that need more than a straight forward bass sound and rather than go out and buy stomp boxes for chorus, flanger etc I was looking for a foot controller to move between sounds mid song.

Does the FCB1010 do this ?? It keeps mentioning midi all the time in the manual and that is making me think it can't be just used to switch between the different pre-sets or is it me reading too much in to it

Many thanks

Tony

UPDATE

Decided to purchase one. Anyone got one for sale ??

Edited by tonybassplayer

Yes that will do it.

The FCB1010 is essentially just a MIDI controller. It can be programmed to send various MIDI commands whenever you press one of the buttons. As such it can be used to control any MIDI device (e.g. a keyboard, a drum machine etc.)

And the V-Amp is a MIDI device, therefore you can control it with the FCB1010.

You get 10 footswitches which can be programmed to switch between V-amp patches or to switch various V-amp features on or off. You also get 2 expression pedals - you can setup one for volume and one for wah, or just switch these off.

It is quite large, though ! Check the dimensions before you purchase.

Programming it can be a little tricky at first, but I think it comes pre-programmed for the V-amp anyway.

If you get one and have any problems programming it then get back on here and I may be able to help.

I am selling a Roland FC200 MIDI controller that is far superior to the Behringer. It's in the Effects For Sale Forurm if you want to take a gander. A very reasonable price too!

PM me if you are interested and we can work something out.