Why become a member? ×

Nice looking Guild

nick

Lovely looking B402 Active, at low price now (£144). Who knows,what it will go for(?)
Item : 260149514491
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260149514491&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=016[/url]

This isn't a dig at you Nick but a general comment about flagging up eBay bargains.

It's fine and dandy flagging up dodgy dealers or basses that look squiffy. It's also very generous to let other BCers know about BIN bargains that may have just been listed or ones that are maybe hidden away (listed in incorrect categories etc.). However, some folks who have their eye on a bass or piece of equipment that they're hoping no body else has seen, may well be miffed at having their 'treasure' flagged up for all and sundry!

Those of us who post on this section of BassChat are probably regular eBay users and at times you come across something and think, 'I'll keep my eye on that, might go cheap enough'. The last thing you need is every other BCer watching/bidding on the same item. I hope you can appreciate that you may well not want that Guild (coincidently, neither do I) but someone may well be seething that it's been flagged up. I'd certainly be well hacked off if it had been a Warwick that I thought was a bargain. I can see an argument that says well Nick/whoever may have spotted a bargain Warwick/Glockenklang/Accugroove etc and posted on here hence I get to hear about it but I'd then be bidding up against my fellow BCers... I'd rather hope that another bassist (possibly yourself) might have spotted it and picked up a bargain.

As I say it's just a general comment about posting re. eBay items and certainly not a personal attack on you, as I'm sure that you were doing it for all the right reasons. Though very well intentioned it's not personally what I'd want to encourage; does that make sense or do you/others disagree?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='48368' date='Aug 21 2007, 03:18 PM']This isn't a dig at you Nick but a general comment about flagging up eBay bargains.

It's fine and dandy flagging up dodgy dealers or basses that look squiffy. It's also very generous to let other BCers know about BIN bargains that may have just been listed or ones that are maybe hidden away (listed in incorrect categories etc.). However, some folks who have their eye on a bass or piece of equipment that they're hoping no body else has seen, may well be miffed at having their 'treasure' flagged up for all and sundry!

Those of us who post on this section of BassChat are probably regular eBay users and at times you come across something and think, 'I'll keep my eye on that, might go cheap enough'. The last thing you need is every other BCer watching/bidding on the same item. I hope you can appreciate that you may well not want that Guild (coincidently, neither do I) but someone may well be seething that it's been flagged up. I'd certainly be well hacked off if it had been a Warwick that I thought was a bargain. I can see an argument that says well Nick/whoever may have spotted a bargain Warwick/Glockenklang/Accugroove etc and posted on here hence I get to hear about it but I'd then be bidding up against my fellow BCers... I'd rather hope that another bassist (possibly yourself) might have spotted it and picked up a bargain.

As I say it's just a general comment about posting re. eBay items and certainly not a personal attack on you, as I'm sure that you were doing it for all the right reasons. Though very well intentioned it's not personally what I'd want to encourage; does that make sense or do you/others disagree?[/quote]

Warwickhunt,
You're totally correct, agree with your comments, & I apologise.
I buy things regularly on Ebay myself, & appreciate & understand where you're coming from.
Posting in this fashion is clearly not going to enable anyone to bag a bargain....
Thanks
Nick

[quote name='nick' post='48518' date='Aug 21 2007, 08:11 PM']Warwickhunt,
You're totally correct, agree with your comments, & I apologise.
I buy things regularly on Ebay myself, & appreciate & understand where you're coming from.
Posting in this fashion is clearly not going to enable anyone to bag a bargain....
Thanks
Nick[/quote]

Glad you took it the right way Nick :)

Don't stop flagging up Buy It Now bargains that may not be of interest to yourself but might suit others!

Good luck bidding!

John