Why become a member? ×

Bassist required for busy ska/reggae band - Kent, south east London

Ray

Looking for a bassist to replace me in a 6-piece band (drums, bass, guitar, keys, sax, vocals).

Lots of gigs in the diary for 2022 with more on the way. Mostly in Kent and SE London but a few further afield too.

Own gear and transport is essential.

Experience and knowledge of the genre is also important.

We don't rehearse that often but when we do it's in Dartford.

The guys in the band are all good players and are really nice people. The reason I'm leaving is because I don't want to gig as much as they do. Shame because it's a fun band.

*edit - mainly covers but there are a couple of originals in the set.

PM me and I’ll put you in touch with the drummer - he is ‘head of recruitment’ 😄.

Cheers,

Ray

Edited by Ray
  • Like 1

Would you perhaps consider sharing the gig diary with another bass player?

I would consider helping as I dep in a Ska band anyway, but my worry is that my diary is quite full already and would clash with your bands dates if I did it full time.

I suppose it depends on what 'lots of gigs in the diary' means and whether you would rather just leave altogether so they can find a full time replacement.

25 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Would you perhaps consider sharing the gig diary with another bass player?

I would consider helping as I dep in a Ska band anyway, but my worry is that my diary is quite full already and would clash with your bands dates if I did it full time.

I suppose it depends on what 'lots of gigs in the diary' means and whether you would rather just leave altogether so they can find a full time replacement.

The bandleader would really prefer a regular full-time lineup with me depping only occasionally. I would prefer that too, TBH. I'll PM you the gig list anyway though if you're curious. See what you think.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi there 

Are you still looking for a bass player!? I am well up for this. No other commitments as yet other than my own originals band which doesn't gig that often and can be worked around this.  I am Essex Based, Harlow. I love this genre! Fingers crossed you are still looking.. 

Contact details are 

[email protected]