Why become a member? ×

New Hartke HL series cabs

Undertone

Hi. Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere on this site.  Has anyone played, experienced or owned the new Hartke HL series cabs please?  I've seen the few videos, announcements etc.  but I'd like to hear some informed genuine user reviews. Thanks

• Like 1

On 07/01/2022 at 10:40, Undertone said:

Hi. Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere on this site.  Has anyone played, experienced or owned the new Hartke HL series cabs please?  I've seen the few videos, announcements etc.  but I'd like to hear some informed genuine user reviews. Thanks

Subscribing to this as I would be interested to know as well

Out of interest what draws you to Hartke speakers?

I have a soft spot for Hartke as I was an ardent user in the late 90's early 2000's, but sold my rig once my performance needs changed.

I've just had a look at the HL112 cabinet and nothing in the (limited) information from Hartke jumps out as exceptional. Due to how limited the information is I can't really see what the difference is between the older HD112 other than it seems to be ~2kg lighter.

Maybe that is the only difference?

The HD112 goes for about £350 new so wonder what the HL112 will be priced at?

Edited by Woodwind
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Late response, sorry. Similarly, I used the XL Series (when they were their top line model) back in the 80's & '90's and loved them. They were solid, deep and clear, but heavy. I sold them when I moved countries (sadly along with a Trace AH350SMX) and didn't have immediate need for a new set-up in the new country. By the time I needed something else times had moved on and lightweight was the order of the day, and Aguilar had become popular, so I went with that for club gigs. For larger stuff I still love Hartke, especially their 410 and 210. So clear and punchy, and neutral enough to be used with a range of my amps (Trace, Eden, Gallen, even Aguilar), but not so neutral as to be bland, like, say, TC Electronic (sorry if that offends anyone).

So am hoping the new lighter weight line is just as good. This is achieved partially through thinner and different layered wood. I hope that doesn't result in a reduction of punch, or the introduction of audible vibrations (which I experienced in a GK 410 many years ago and returned never to be used again).

Hope to hear from others' experiences. The Hartke representation here in the UK was pretty poor for a long time, as were all my communications with the US manufacturer, so I wasn't in a hurry to purchase until I know more.  I know it's only a few kg but actually, I wouldn't mind that - I'm not 25 anymore!

• Like 2