Why become a member? ×

Gallien-Krueger Fusion 112 Combo Sound Test

Obra

Got an GK Fusion 112 Combo few days ago, and here is the Sound test I made 🙂.

Hope You will enjoy the video and found it interesting. 

Since the video is audio-oriented, these are my short non sound impressions:

Firts thing that I noticed while unpacking is the new ultra-tough cabinet coating which I really liked.
Different then the lining on the models before, as plastic and kind of a glittering. It really feels durable.
Strange notice - ''stby'' led lamp lights always while amp is plugged in to the power and turned off. Led shuts down when You turn on the amp. Similar to a red/green TV led, but not common for amps.
I would realy love that Turn on/off switch is located at some more accessible place. It's hard to reach at the lower back of the combo, next to a bunch of other switches while You are holding Your instrument or the amp is on the floor etc.
The control buttons are easy to access and nicely designed, but some of them feels a bit loose.
Front metal grill looks cool and it's firmly leaning on three rubber pads, but still shaking hardly and gives humming noices on louder volume (more then 12 o'clock on Normal and Master or more bass EQ added).
Slight touch on the grill eliminates those noises which are not coming from the speaker!
IMO the amp have to much power, but not enough largeness to deliver it without the extension box (as the manual say - optimum power when using external cabinets). However it is loud enough by itself to play next to a loud drummer - proofs at the end of the video.

A brief review of the footswitch:
Precise workmanship and briliant simple appearance.
Robust and durable and at the same time elegant. I love it!
Surprisingly not branded anywhere.

At the end, there is no lighter, more compact and more powerful Combo amp on the market as I am concerned, with multiple great tonal capabilities. GK strikes again!

• Like 3