Why become a member? ×

Ampeg Rocket Bass 210 Combos

Craig moody

• Craig moody changed the title to Ampeg Rocket Bass 210 Combos
  • 6 months later...

I have one of these. It failed on a gig - just cut out intermittently.
Sent it back for warranty repair - it needed new speakers.
Got it back last week and it failed again on the sound check of a massive gig i was playing - ended up DI-ing
Big shout tomorrow with the dealer 

Lovely looking - a bit heavy and the 500w output is only possible with an extension cabinet.

They do seem to have issues with their gear, I have the SCR-DI pedal (great bit of kit) but once the power dwindles a bit a high pitched squeal comes from it. As such I’d only use it on a gig with either a brand new battery or a PSU - and in some venues finding a spare power socket for PSUs can be a challenge. Shame that such a well known and loved brand seems beset by reliability issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/07/2022 at 13:19, Lozz196 said:

They do seem to have issues with their gear, I have the SCR-DI pedal (great bit of kit) but once the power dwindles a bit a high pitched squeal comes from it. As such I’d only use it on a gig with either a brand new battery or a PSU - and in some venues finding a spare power socket for PSUs can be a challenge. Shame that such a well known and loved brand seems beset by reliability issues.

Yes have suffered the high pitched whinge/squeal from the SCR-DI as the batteries run out. I run it always off a USB battery pack with a suitable cable to power it. I use the Ripcord (https://myvolts.co.uk/Ripcord). Means that the battery pack and SCR-DI can sit at my feet without needing a power strip and PSU to be run to my position.

• Like 1

I have the 500 210. I had a big gig this past weekend and it kept cutting out. I bought this amp to use instead of my Ampeg PF800 with two cabinets for ease of use (I'm getting old, HA). I missed my PF.

I love Ampeg but if your looking for a good combo amp, you may want to give Fender "Rumble" series a look. Nice amp and the same price point and lighter.