Why become a member? ×

AMPEG SVT6-PRO

Chelios

[quote name='Chelios' post='455197' date='Apr 6 2009, 10:08 AM']Im looking to go after one of these, and i am after some info, Do any of your lovely guys own one, are they any good? Looking to go from my xtreme 5.1 to this..

Chelios[/quote]

i have one and love it!

i moved on from an orange ad140b, so that should give u some idea of how good i think the tone is!

one thing i have noticed, it runs louder when at 4 ohms? dnt know why?

the compressor that its got built in, is good, the eq is easy to understand and work, plus the tube voltage gives a cool edge to the sound.

i wouldnt sell mine for anything! part maybe a vintage svt?

if you've got q's ask away and i try and answer.

andy

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend it - I run mine with a SVT 410HLF cab, Sansamp Bass Driver and EBS multicomp, it's loud, punchy and really nice.

Only two drawbacks:

* the fans get very noisy after about 10 minutes (not a problem in a gig, but you'd have to move it into the control room if in a studio).
* the eq takes a while to get your head around. I keep it quite flat - just up the main bass and treble controls a notch - and put about 2 o'clock on the low and mid frequencies - the rest stays at 12 o'clock. From there, I control any bass, mid and treble as required from my active bass.