Why become a member? ×

Onboard EQ Frequencies

TeresaFR

I've been trying to find out what frequencies on my bass, the three-band EQ is designed to cut and band at but I couldn't find much information. A review I saw by Rodney McG says the mid is set at 900hz but that's all I have (thanks by the way, if you're reading this.) The bass in question is a 2019 Schecter Riot-4 Aurora Burst. 

In a broader sense, I'm trying to work out where all the EQ's in my signal chain operate and I found the info on my Tech 21 VT Bass DI, quite easily - 125hz, 500hz, 3.2khz for the record. I think it's good to know what exactly we have control over, in general but particularly before throwing down on further EQ options.

I understand there may be a case for doubling up, if placement of EQ in a signal chain is going to be a significant factor on sound. Presumably, less of an impactor on a shorter chain than a longer one.

Also curious where the active basses of others have their EQ cut/boost points set, so please drop that in below if you want to.

I collected some info on eq freq centres a few years ago for the same reason as you mention. I don't have freqs for the Schecter but here's a spreadsheet with what I collected for info. I put the fundamental freqs of standard bass tuning and the first harmonic (which is usually dominant) in rows 3-4 for ref. Below this are the ISO standard freqs for a 31-band graphic eq. The centre freqs for various devices are shown below this, mapped out against the 31-band freqs.

Bass EQ Freqs.xlsx

• Thanks 2

You didn't search that much as the preamp is stated on Schecter website for this bass... :

https://www.schecterguitars.com/bass/riot-4-bass-inferno-burst-detail

And the preamp used :

https://www.emgpickups.com/b30eq-sys.html

Then the specifications :

b30_b64_controls_b245-page-001.thumb.jpg.0544cfcc340ee56977e7bfce265e069f.jpg

Edited by Hellzero
Wording