Why become a member? ×

Ironstone Pickups.

theplumber

Recently discovered the bridge pickup on my Sandberg VT4 was dead. Its a fairly old bass and I wasn't really in the mood to shell out for a brand new Delano jazz pickup. Thought I would give the Ironstone pickup a bash. At under £32 delivered I had nothing to lose......well maybe £32! What a sound! Loud ,clear and dare I say it as good as the remaining Delano neck pickup! To be honest I wasn't 100% sure if it would have worked out.I bought the bass second hand off e bay and only recently noticed the pickup was not working.Went down the wrong road at first and replaced the blending pot( soldering......aarrgghh!!) Anyway,there was an issue with the pre amp but a bit of jiggery pokery sorted that out. After checking the pickup with a multimeter and attemping to open it and sort it out(yes...I know!!) I gave up and bought a jazz pickup from Ironstone. Well worth the money and very pleased with the results!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, benh said:

Good to hear - I bought a set of their jazz pickups a few weeks ago for an upcoming build, based off the strength of a few glowing reviews like yours. Looking forward to seeing what they sound like!

Have also used Tonerider pickups. Fitted a set to a Squier jazz bass and they totally changed the sound. Played back to back with my Fender Vintera p bass and the held their own. I could not find the jazz bass bridge for the Sandberg and opted for the Ironstone ones and very glad I did!

• Like 1