Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£400
KNARESBOROUGH

Nothingman

The Beast. 

I have made the difficult decision that it is time to move this bass. 

This beautiful bass was purchased, secondhand, from The Bass Gallery in October 2018. 

The resonating sound and feel of these basses have really struck a chord with me. Plus, ebony is the best colour for these models. 😁

You know them well, I shouldn't need to tell you too much about them - I hope! 

So why am I selling it?

Quite simply I wanted to be a P-Bass owner again. This bass was ideal for the work I was doing when I purchased and has served me well. However, I have got to the point where I need 1 bass so have sold a bunch a gear (and more to come) and this will be a victim of a cull. 

A few notes:

• I have removed the scratch plate and disc that sits under the impedance dial. I feel it looks better naked, like this, but have kept both to be reapplied. Plus, the way I play means I wanted enough room to strum like a loon. 
  • There is a small chip (pictured) on the top edge of the upper cutaway. 
  • Small amount of buckle rash. Again, pictured but just ask for more pics. 
  • Split in lacquer between neck and fretboard and stretches from nit to the dot on 3rd fret. This is quite common for JC basses and is purely superficial. 
  • Strung with 105 gage Rotosounds. 

I don't have a hard case but will include the RockTIle bag. It is a great bag and good for bigger bodied basses like this. Here is a bit more about the case. https://www.google.com/shopping/product/18061328739913425178?q=rocktile+bass+case&prds=epd:5915013972872323700,eto:5915013972872323700_0,prmr:1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjn2qqhkpr0AhXBYMAKHZqZD4AQ9pwGCAU

I really don't want to post this, without a hard case, so looking for local pickup. 

Based outside Harrogate in North Yorkshire (HG5).

Now for trades. 

Like I said, I am looking for 4 string P-basses only. Looking for Black, white, natural (no sunburst) - something classic looking. Don't want P/J style, just straight forward Precession, MIM or similar I think is a fair starting point. Will accept a little project for a slightly better model. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

P.S. Will be listed on eBay. 

DSC_0011.jpeg

DSC_0015.jpeg

DSC_0024.jpeg

DSC_0023.jpeg

DSC_0021.jpeg

DSC_0020.jpeg

DSC_0019.jpeg

DSC_0018.jpeg

DSC_0017.jpeg

Edited by Nothingman