Why become a member? ×

A good reason to buy iColour lights

Delberthot

we invested in a pair of iColour lights at the end of last year as our old par cans were getting a bit tired after 13 years of regular use.

They were expensive but our keyboard player works in the trade and managed to get them for a decent price.

Anyway, my guitarist called today to remind me that one of the bulbs had blown at the last gig and since I keep them at my house, I went to find out how much it would cost for a new one, expecting them to be around £20-30 each.

Not ever close

£3.48 from B&Q for 3 bulbs.

Probably my fault for not cleaning them as regularly as it says to in the instructions but cor blimey guvnor, down the old Kent Road, apples and pears, £3.48?

A grand total of £1.16 per bulb.

Just changed the defective bulb and gave it a clean inside and out.

Easy job, there's only 1 small plastic screw that you unfasten with your fingers and the whole lid is hinged.

I bought 2 packets of bulbs so there's still 5 left for emergencies.

I totally agree about quick to set up. 1 cable from the controller, which is mounted permanently on my music stand to the master light and another cable to the slave, plug both of them in and Bob's your aunties husband.

Everything packs away into a case to keep it shiny and lemon fresh

Edited by Delberthot