Why become a member? ×

Sold: Valenti #5 Super P

OldGit

[color="#8B0000"][size=4]Now Sold[/color][/size]

I bought this a few weeks ago from ShaunB but I think I just have to come to terms with the fact that maple boards and me just don't get on ..

Fabulous "Super P" Bass with added active electronics and the very clever Sadowsky VTC tone knob/passive push pull make this a P bass with a lot of tonal options.

Spec:

Swamp Ash Body (one piece!)
Transparent Blue Finish
Maple neck with Maple fretboard
Satin Finish on neck
Nordstrand NP4 Precision Pickup
Aguilar OBP-1 preamp
Controls:
- volume,
- VTC tone - works in Passive and Active modes as a kind of master tone control. This effectively retains the "two knob" simplicity of a P bass but with other options rather than just a simple treble cut.
- Active/Passive Push/pull on teh VTC knob
- Stacked bass and treble boost
Hipshot HB-1 Tuning Keys
Hipshot D-tuner
Gotoh Quick Release Bridge
Black Pearl Pickguard
Black Hardware

The nut is 44mm or 1 3/4"
Quite a chunky neck.
Weighs about 4.75 kilos on my bathroom scales.

The Famous Wooden Floor pictures: - The VTC and stacked treble and bass boosts were added later and the Jack socket is now on the end. this was done by Nino before the bass came to the UK.

I'll take a few more shots over the weekend. PM me if you want to see anything specific

Nino Valenti sent this bass to a few people on Talkbass for their thoughts which were then published. They liked it :)

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169939&highlight=valenti+005"]TalkBass reveiw 1[/url]
"Overall: a quality bass, definitely one of the best P's I've heard / played. ....."

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174844"]TalkBass review 2[/url]
"... the clarity is amazing. With this combination, you'd be able to get a surprisingly modern, hi-fi kind of tone while still retaining the phatness of a P-Bass."

It comes with a tatty but functional gig bag.

I'd like £600 for it as that was what I paid. It's certainly worth that.

Trades? Well, I'm a confused bunny with regard to my 4 string Super P Bass requirement a so try me with trades if you have something P shaped with a rosewood neck.
- or a mate of mine wants a [b]MIJ/CIJ P or J[/b] but on the cheaper end of things so if you fancy a trade plus cash deal we can discuss it
- or if you have a well used and abused [b]MIJ 62 RI P bass[/b] I may be up for that.

I'm in Cardiff but travel to Bristol, Wiltshire, Stanstead (Easter weekend) and London now and then.

OG

Edited by OldGit

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='katri' post='467830' date='Apr 20 2009, 08:44 PM']damn i missed this :)[/quote]

Sorry!
I'm sure Chris will notice your post, though, should he suddenly be overcome with ShukerLust and feel the need to send it on it's merry way again

[quote name='OldGit' post='468108' date='Apr 21 2009, 09:26 AM']Sorry!
I'm sure Chris will notice your post, though, should he suddenly be overcome with ShukerLust and feel the need to send it on it's merry way again[/quote]

I must admit to some Shuker lust but at the moment I am rather taken with this Valenti, It sounds fantastic! Gigs this w/end will be the true test but I don't think this'll be going far from me for a while.

Sorry :)