Why become a member? ×

SOLD: FS/FT Squier VM Jaguar (short scale) now £100, used condition but with some upgrades (Duncan pickups, Fender Hi mass bridge)
£120
Croydon, South london

shoulderpet

Putting my Squier ss Jaguar bass up for sale/trade, am looking for £120 £100 but open to trades, I only have short and medium scale basses at the moment so a trade for a long scale bass of some sort (maybe Squier P or J bass but open to other offers).

First off I will say that this is definitely not a display bass, it has been well used and the condition reflects this, there are some scratches on the body and some other wear(see photos), there is a spot where I was fitting a string tree and it snapped off (see photos), the nut has been used for very heavy strings in the past and it has been repaired a  little sloppily with the baking soda and superglue trick (the nut works fine, is just not the prettiest looking), there is a small gap between the control plate and the body (see photo).  The bass plays ok but if you are after a super low action you will probably want to give the frets some attention.

I also refinished the neck a while ago and did a passable job, I made the mistake of putting the neck back on the body too soon afterwards and the neck is pretty much glued into the neck pocket by the varnish used but this does not affect the neck angle in any way.

With this said the bass plays ok, not a super low action but playable and imo it sounds pretty good, comes with Seymour duncan Quarter Pounder P and J pickups which give it a nice beefy tone and comes a Fender Hi mass bridge fitted, the J pickup does have a little feedback at loud volumes sometimes but I found the same thing with another bass I have that has a single coil in the bridge position so I think it is just the nature of the beast.

The stock control panel has been replaced with a volume,volume control panel for extra brightness and uses a solderless wiring loom which is very handy if you fancy trying other pickup combinations.

This was my main player for quite a while due to the lowish weight and the comfortable shape of the body, the SD pickups also give it some nice growl

I am based in Croydon south london area, collection only but if in the london area happy to meet halfway

thumbnail_IMG_20210912_140804582.jpg

nut.jpg

string tree.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20210912_135454826.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20210912_135616391_2.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20210912_135718507.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20210912_141547261.jpg

Edited by shoulderpet

• shoulderpet changed the title to FS/FT Squier VM Jaguar (short scale) now £100, used condition but with some upgrades (Duncan pickups, Fender Hi mass bridge)
  • shoulderpet changed the title to SOLD: FS/FT Squier VM Jaguar (short scale) now £100, used condition but with some upgrades (Duncan pickups, Fender Hi mass bridge)
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic