Why become a member? ×

Darkglass amps

garyt

Are the Microtube engines on the Darkglass Microtubes amps as good as the B3K and VMT pedals , and does the compression match up to the Hyper Luminal pedal? 

I already have a fairly good amp, and a Hyper Luminal, and was thinking about getting a B3K or B7K, but then got thinking I could just get the Microtubes amp and flog my Hyper Luminal. 

I had a V1 so no internal compression, but the drive circuits were very good - I had a B3K at the same time and never needed it.

Only downside is that the EQ you are likely to want to use for B3K sounds will be very different to VMT EQ settings. Just changing channel might not work for you if you swap between them a lot as you'll need to re-EQ it.

I tended to keep the B3K on all the time at a low level just to bring in a bit of warmth and then use other pedals as needed.

If there's ever a V3 that also adds an onboard tuner then I'll probably have that. B3K, Compressor, and a tuner all in 1 box would mean I could leave everything else at home for 99% of the stuff I do.

• Like 1