Why become a member? ×

Anybody in the NE got a Lakland DJ I can try?

warwickhunt

I find the standard sized jazz body a tad large for my taste so I've been drawn to some of the Sadowsky Lakland DJ style basses and as the Skyline DJ appears to be the most readily available and reasonably priced, I thought I'd ask if anyone has one that I can have a plonk on? I could take a punt and buy a 'cheap' used one blind knowing that I'd not lose too much if I had to resell but tbh I'm getting tired of using that route to try different basses out, as it is a fair bit of hassle handling the sale and then packing up the bass and waiting in for a courier etc.

It doesn't matter whether it's a USA or Skyline, nor what pups it has or fingerboard wood etc. as I only want to get an idea of physical dimensions/feel.

I could reciprocate and let you try out a Warwick or a Spector! :)

Cheers

Hey Up mate.....

You did like my full size Sadowsky didn't you !!

For me the Lakland Skylines are chalk and cheese from their USA cousins, picked up some nice ones and some dogs.... The Sadowsky Metro's are virtually identical to the NYC basses.....

Buy a MV4 and live happily ever after !!

[quote name='Marcus' post='450989' date='Mar 31 2009, 11:53 PM']Hey Up mate.....

You did like my full size Sadowsky didn't you !!

For me the Lakland Skylines are chalk and cheese from their USA cousins, picked up some nice ones and some dogs.... The Sadowsky Metro's are virtually identical to the NYC basses.....

Buy a MV4 and live happily ever after !![/quote]

Anybody got an MV4 I can try? :)

Seriously though, I'd equally love to try a 'downsized' Sado but even your mate Steve doesn't have one in stock! Hence the chance to try a DJ seemed more likely. You never know I might strike lucky and find a good Skyline! :rolleyes:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='451122' date='Apr 1 2009, 07:19 AM']Anybody got an MV4 I can try? :)

Seriously though, I'd equally love to try a 'downsized' Sado but even your mate Steve doesn't have one in stock! Hence the chance to try a DJ seemed more likely. You never know I might strike lucky and find a good Skyline! :D[/quote]

CHRISDABASS now has 2 downsized Sadowsky basses...... the lucky bugger !!!! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Marcus' post='451275' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:54 AM']Keighley..... close enough if ya serious enough !!

HOW MUCH DO YA WANT IT PUNK !!![/quote]

That's like Yarksha isn't it?

I may have sourced a couple of downsized Jazzers closer to home so we shall see. :)