Why become a member? ×

Tell me about this bass - Ibanez Roadster

Duarte

The combined knowledge and experience here never ceases to amaze. It's bonkers how informative this thread has been so far! Thank you all. 

In the event that I buy this old bass, would dimarzios be the natural choice of replacement pickups? I'd likely attempt to restore it to something close to its original state.

Edited by Duarte

15 hours ago, Misdee said:

Back in those days if you had rung a shop and asked them what bass weighed they would have thought you were an eccentric, and that's the polite word for it, if you know what I mean.😄 Heavy was a mark of quality. Alembics were heavy. On purpose.

This is how I feel. The best basses I've had were always the heavy ones. Weight has never concerned me, although that may change now my hairline has started to recede...

9 hours ago, Duarte said:

The combined knowledge and experience here never ceases to amaze. It's bonkers how informative this thread has been so far! Thank you all. 

In the event that I buy this old bass, would dimarzios be the natural choice of replacement pickups? I'd likely attempt to restore it to something close to its original state.

I'd say so. The originals were DiMarzio knockoffs, & the DP126 PJ set's pretty much period-correct. Have to be cream covers, obvs. B|

17 hours ago, Bassassin said:

I'd say so. The originals were DiMarzio knockoffs, & the DP126 PJ set's pretty much period-correct. Have to be cream covers, obvs. B|

Cool. Cream covers of course. Always fancied a bass with cream pickups.

16 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Big shortage of Dimarzios new atm

Not in Thailand! Bangkok's streets are paved with Dimarzios, babay.

That is, I've seen some new pairs in shops recently.

• Like 2