Why become a member? ×

How much for a 2004 Squier Jazz bass - standard series?

Mingman

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post - my first time here.

I have a Squier Jazz Bass - 2004 Indonesian model in Sunburst Red. 

I'm a piano player and was given this one "as you're a musician". TBH I can't seem to get my fingers/brain around guitars of any type!

Just wondered how much it generally might be worth? It's great condition with just a few scratches the on the chrome metal plate on the back - presume that's from a belt-buckle. It all works 100% - e.g. no crackles from the controls or the jack port where the cable goes in. 

Many thanks,

M

On 16/08/2021 at 14:34, Ricky Rioli said:

The first Squier you come across scrolling through the listings here is for £849 ..... without the benefit of knowledge, that's not a very useful piece of information ;)

I'm guessing mine isn't worth that 🤣 

TBH I've no idea on guitars at all and don't know any bass players to even get an estimate. Ebay prices aren't really that reliable - they seem to vary from scalper price to giveaway.  

Thanks for defending my rookie status! 👍

All the best.

• Like 1

I paid £180 in a shop for mine (Squier Standard Jazz, Indonesia, Serial number says 2001, built by Cort so a decent quality build).

Over the odds, but it is a particularly nice example as the neck has darkened so it looks nearer 60 than 20 years old.

I've tarted it up with pickup cover, vintage knobs, mutes and a thumb rest so it feels vintage and it sounds and plays well.

2004 model is supposed to have thicker body, but mine has the same thickness body as my Flea Jazz...

But not worth a great deal.

6 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I paid £180 in a shop for mine (Squier Standard Jazz, Indonesia, Serial number says 2001, built by Cort so a decent quality build).

Over the odds, but it is a particularly nice example as the neck has darkened so it looks nearer 60 than 20 years old.

I've tarted it up with pickup cover, vintage knobs, mutes and a thumb rest so it feels vintage and it sounds and plays well.

2004 model is supposed to have thicker body, but mine has the same thickness body as my Flea Jazz...

But not worth a great deal.

That's great - thank you. 👍 I'll post some pics of the bass here just for ghoulish interest!.