Why become a member? ×

NPD - issue

Stofferson

NPD - EHX Bass Clone,

Fancied using a bit of chorus, so purchased this one, after a good read up.

Arrived yesterday, stuck on my board and off to practice last night.

I use a Warwick Thumb BO with Active MEC pickups, 

It farts out, is there only way I can describe it, I guess it doesn't like active passes, the only way I can get it to sound "normal" is by turning down the volume of my bass quite significantly, which defeats the object really.

Any one else experienced this? Or any ideas how to resolve

Just now, Doddy said:

Have you tried switching the bass to passive mode? 

Some pedals don't like the hotter output of active electronics.

Yeah, tried that, doesn't really attenuate the signal that much tbf, I'll have to try it with my passive bass to see if it is a hot output causing the issue

Yep, tried with my passive bass and it's fine, would have thought a bass specific pedal would account for this. Oh well.

Edit!

Ignore me it's been a long week.

Pedal works fine and sounds great! 😭😂😂😂

Edited by Stofferson
I'm an idiot
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Doddy said:

Have you tried switching the bass to passive mode? 

Some pedals don't like the hotter output of active electronics.

Battery powered bass may have a high impedance pickup, or two and the preamp is only the tone unit. Even though the pickups may be battery operated (low-impedance, or "active"), the output can be even lower than with their high impedance ("passive") siblings.

But it is true that the impedance difference may affect the effects unit behaviour. I found this out with fuzz/OD/dist and compressor pedals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itu said:

Battery powered bass may have a high impedance pickup, or two and the preamp is only the tone unit. Even though the pickups may be battery operated (low-impedance, or "active"), the output can be even lower than with their high impedance ("passive") siblings.

But it is true that the impedance difference may affect the effects unit behaviour. I found this out with fuzz/OD/dist and compressor pedals.

Absolutely true, not on this occasion.

Unfortunately, in my ignorance, which I should have known it was down to being underpowered, few changes in the power supply and it's good. I hang my head in shame, ahh well 

9 minutes ago, Stofferson said:

...it was down to being underpowered, few changes in the power supply and it's good.

I am pleased to hear that the equipment is up and running. If we just had gigs. Four cancellations during last two weeks...