Why become a member? ×

a be-lated hello...

sub-a-dub

:) :rolleyes:

Greetings from Ireland,
I've been knocking around here on BC for almost six months or so... I arrived here by accident, through chasing a bass on the net, and I've been too-ing and fro-ing ever since. I've been playing for years - first stint in the early '80's to early '90's playing almost exclusively with bands doing original material - lots of telly, recording and gigging etc but never managed to make a proper living... Took a break for a few years (a rest from the "scene", college) and stood-in for a gig in 1996 and have been playing again ever since. Cover bands, original and playing anything from rock, funk, disco, soul, and trad - all low-key and I have a proper job now as well so we don't have to eat our stage-gear any more!. Busy until last year when I seriously invested in equipment etc and the gigs then promptly dried up!! Apparently we live in hope though, so watch this space...
All the best,
Sean :D ;) Edited by sub-a-dub

[quote name='Telebass' post='446479' date='Mar 26 2009, 10:00 PM']Howdy! Great intro! An excellent demonstration of sod's law if ever there was one. Gigs will come, never fear![/quote]

Hi again,
...yeah, I always tried to treat the "all the gear; no ear" maxim with respect and a tad of trepidation when indulging in trigger-happy-type purchases... I wish somebody had warned me about the "big rig = no gig" one though!!...
All the best,
Sean