Sign in to follow this  
BassLard

"Cissy Strut" - The Meters (BASS Backing Track + Jam) NO BASS

Hi there guys! Some days ago I realized there wasn´t a single backing track just for bass uploaded on YouTube for this well known funk track, and since I had one on my PC I figured out it could be useful for many bass players looking to practice this classic bassline or just jam along with it to share it on the web.

So here it is. I also dared to upload a little jam example over the BT at the beggining in the rare case someone doesn´t know it and wants to listen a bit before putting hands on it. In case you know the song you can obviously skip that part and save yourself from seeing my cheap bass, under-average playing and not-so-pretty face, lol.

Being serious again, I hope this comes handy for anyone looking to practice. Thanks a lot for watching/listening!

On 03/04/2021 at 03:53, stewblack said:

Thanks for this. 

You are welcome! I have a bunch more of these, and though I´m very likely to share them here as well if I have some time to make them available in the forum, you can check them in my YouTube channel. In fact I have other Bass Backing tracks stored in my PC I should upload someday as well :)

Have fun practicing!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Onox
      NOW 815 GBP - 950€ (open for offers)   I am selling a great sounding and nice to play classic Jazz Bass: Alder Body, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Vintage PUs, 4 Kg, nice aging.   The Bass was build around 2010/11 in the first Line of the Roadworn Series. The Parts are all american but the Bass was assembled in Mexico. Its a great Jazz Bass with Vintage Feel and classic vintage Jazz Bass Sound, that always fits in the mix.    EU Shipping is no problem, feel free to ask any Questions.

• By BassLard
      Hi there guys, just sharing this bassless backing track for one of the most recurrent tunes for guys getting into slap.
      I hope it comes handy for anyone looking for practice tracks to move that thumb
      Greetings!

• By will4bass
      Alembic Spoiler from 1989.
      Some specs: birds-eye maple top, mahogany body, 3 piece maple neck(through) with ebony board including OHSC. 32 inch, 2 truss rods, AXY pickups, Volume/Tone/Pickup selector, Alembic low pass filter with Q-switch, chrome Alembic GOTOH tuners, Brass bridge, just below 4kgs on my kitchen scale etc. This Spoiler has that unique Alembic sound: bright, full and dynamic, with a sweet flavour that comes with the years. I am the first owner (!) and chose this one over 3 other Alembics in the shop at the time and I played this bass from 1989 till about 1995. From then on it rested in it's case. It has been played but considering a 31 years old instrument it is in very, very good condition. Technically 100%.

• By greghagger
      After hearing about the passing of Rocco Prestia, I had a night of playing his awesome bass lines. 
      He has such a unique sound which I found pretty hard to get near. 
      But all I same, I have pick five of his bass lines and made a lesson.  There are so many classics to choose from, but these are my particular favourites. 
      Hope you like them.