Jolltax

NBD - Sire Marcus Miller M2

I use an audio interface connected to my PC so I can play along with pretty much anything (Youtube, spotify, mp3's, netflix, TV?), it actually works particularly well as I am doing online lessons, so I play along with the teacher whilst it streams.  I can also record a mike at the same time should I want to speak or sing (never gonna happen) and I can mix on the PC or adjust gain on the interface.  I am sure a lot of guys on here must use them to record themselves digitally without the need for a microphone.

You are right about portability though , I have actually been surprised at how well it has been working but would need at least a laptop, technically I believe it is also possible to plug in and power my interface from a phone and use in the same way - haven't tried this yet?  The good news is that audio interfaces are pretty cheap, you can get a functional one for £50 here in the UK, I already owned mine as I use it to record voice for another project I mess around with. I'll save up for an amp in the mean time ...

ai.jpg.ca1c9e046ff555fce3f74b037c5d7361.jpg

Er just just noticed the dog hair, sorry! Filthy me....

39 minutes ago, Jolltax said:

I use an audio interface connected to my PC so I can play along with pretty much anything (Youtube, spotify, mp3's, netflix, TV?), it actually works particularly well as I am doing online lessons, so I play along with the teacher whilst it streams.  I can also record a mike at the same time should I want to speak or sing (never gonna happen) and I can mix on the PC or adjust gain on the interface.  I am sure a lot of guys on here must use them to record themselves digitally without the need for a microphone.

You are right about portability though , I have actually been surprised at how well it has been working but would need at least a laptop, technically I believe it is also possible to plug in and power my interface from a phone and use in the same way - haven't tried this yet?  The good news is that audio interfaces are pretty cheap, you can get a functional one for £50 here in the UK, I already owned mine as I use it to record voice for another project I mess around with. I'll save up for an amp in the mean time ...

ai.jpg.ca1c9e046ff555fce3f74b037c5d7361.jpg

Er just just noticed the dog hair, sorry! Filthy me....

Look out for the Behringer UMC22 interfaces on Amazon - they're dirt cheap, the cream is actually really good and they're amazingly solidly built, too. Bus powered, so nothing else hanging about. Stereo in, stereo out.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DogHammer
      For sale is my Sire P7. £300 £250.
      Great bass with an 18v pre-amp. Selling due to having too many basses now and need to thin the herd, its one of these:
      https://www.thomann.de/gb/marcus_miller_p7_swamp_ash_4_wb_lh_2nd_gen.htm
      In absolutely perfect condition apart from the following:
      There is an issue with the main Volume/Tone knob where it has taken a knock and may need replacement pot but I am unsure. It works fine but you need both hands to turn both of the stacked sections. Someone with some technical savvy may be able to sort it very easily. < Due to this issue the price is lowered. 
      Will look into delivery pricing @ DHL or another courier once sale is confirmed. If you are looking to pick up or want to come and see the bass for yourself I am located in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. 

• By mildmanofrock
      *SOLD*
      Hi folks!
      For some reason, I have two new and unopened sets of Schaller Lock Strap (both nickel). They're my strap lock of choice - easy to install and never let me down.
      £14 each including postage Bank transfer preferred (I'll provide bank details in private message) All prices include postage. No trades. For prices outside UK, please message me. Marketing spiel below pictures!

Cheers, Steve

"It takes balls to redesign something that most people don’t think is broken, and the team at Schaller have gone all out for it.
      We welcome the new Schaller S-Locks!
      The original Schaller Strap Locks were and still are something of an icon; the first system introduced to protect your instrument from drops and provide complete peace of mind when standing with your guitar on stage. Thanks to this security, a whole new era of stage performance were born, one where you could fairly comfortably launch your guitar around your shoulders without fear of it flying off into your drummer... I did not recommend this - cue YouTube!
      Although the old-timer is great, in its 37 years of road testing a couple of flaws have been noted including the nut & washer system which could work its way loose over time, the awkward moment you realised you’d gone too heavy on the padded strap and had to spend half an hour wrestling it on, and that damn rattle and occasional squeak you’d get from the play in the mechanism.
      Well in stroll S-Locks. The new system irons out of those flaws (no matter how pedantic) and brings with it a whole new level of security and style. Schaller’s completely silent S-Locks come in 3 pieces: one-piece strap button, horseshoe-style lock and new lock wheel, and thanks to these redesigned components these locks are now completely silent, and will accommodate any strap and will never come loose!
      The three sections:
      Strap Button 
      The strap button now comes as a solid, single item rather than a separate screw and button. It’s made from hardened steel and features a 4mm, self-tapping wood screw that will fit securely on any guitar, including Gibsons! Also includes a pair of high-grade felt washers to add extra protection to the guitar’s finish.
      Lock
      Now featuring a much longer thread, the new lock section can accommodate a strap up to 6mm thick comfortably. The iconic horse-show-shaped pocket still remains but the locking bolt now features a slanted cutaway which allows the button to drop in reliably and without wear. The pull-up ball has also been redesigned for easy grip for release. 
      And, of course, the lock will fit onto existing Schaller buttons on your guitar!
      Lock-Wheel
      The most obvious new addition is the distinguishing locking wheel which now features a three-step locking system – far better than the nut and washer design of before. The wheel is tightened on by hand and alone would be a sufficient lock; however, the second stage is to slot a 2mm screw-driver/pin/Allen key through the wheel which acts as a lever to really tighten it down. Lastly, tighten in the grub screw on the side and this sucker will never move!"

• By Bobthedog
      Sort out your neck dive now! These are new, unused and still in the unopened packets (apart from one for photo purposes).  £95 plus posting. Happy to have collected if preferred. Note these are the original Ultralites, not the licensed copies.
      Currently set for 4 +1 but being the USA model can each be switched to either bass or treble side. I will sell these as the set of 5 only.
      I bought these for a project that never happened so no longer have need for them. I believe this to be a great deal especially as I waited 3+ months for these to arrive so no movement on price.

• By Subfreq
      I could get green with envy or is the Grass greener...?  
    • By sprocketflup
      Here we have a 1st generation  Sire M7 4 string.

Anyone who has played one of these will confirm that the pre-amps give a bewildering array of options, and this model is also equipped with series parallel switching for each pickup too. The bass itself has a really nice feel, good neck and nice action. Its currently wearing flats but will be back to rounds for the sale.
      The amble from Sire/Marcus Miller - And plenty more info if you like here - https://www.sire-revolution.com/product/sire-marcus-miller-m7/
      Body Material : Alder/Ash with Solidtop Hard Maple Wood
      Body Shape : New Modern Bass
      Body Color : Alder Body – BRB, TBLB | Ash Body – NT, TBKB
      Neck Material : Canadian Hard Maple(Scarf Joint)
      Neck Shape : C-Shape
      Scale : 34”-35“(For 5 string 35” for clear low B)
      Neck Joint : 4/5 Bolt Individual Dot (5 hole for 5 string)
      Fingerboard(Rolled Edges) : Ebony 
      Fingerboard Radius : 12”
      Frets : Medium, 24 Frets
      String Nut : 4 String – Natural Bone 38mm width / 5 String – Natural Bone 45mm width 
      Binding : None
      Inlay : White Pearl Dot
      Pickups : Marcus Pure-H Revolution Set
      Electronics : Marcus Miller Heritage-3 with Middle Frequency Control
      Knobs : Modern Black Plastic
      Bridge : Marcus Miller Heavy Mass Custom
      Tuning Gear : Sire Diecasting Gear
      Hardware Finish : Black

The weight according to my bathroom scales is 3.8kg.
      Blemishes, ive done my best to photograph them. There is a couple of small dents near the battery box, another near the jack and one more on the bottom horn at the back. Nothing too glaring, and certainly not 'roadworn'.

Id much rather this was collected from near Axminster, I do travel around a bit for my various works, and am willing to meet if someone wishes within reason.