Why become a member? ×

Some little bits i've recorded just using 'Garageband'

Zoe_BillySheehan

[quote name='The Funk' post='444088' date='Mar 24 2009, 06:41 PM']You may as well just re-record the bass parts for the first one.

You should force yourself to turn the second one into a full on song with vocals. Just come up with a vocal melody and then try fitting some words to it.[/quote]

That would be awesome.... but theres a problem...

I can't sing...at all haha

:)

Z
x

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='444093' date='Mar 24 2009, 06:43 PM']That would be awesome.... but theres a problem...

I can't sing...at all haha

Z
x[/quote]

Neither can I, seriously. But I write about half of the lyrics and vocal melodies for my band's material.

Even if you can't sing, you should still try to come up with something. If you're not in a band right now, then start one (with people who actually like real rock) and get them to cowrite it with you.

As you've done most of the hard work on your own, I think you may as well finish it on your own. Songwriting's tough but so much more rewarding (for me anyway) than practising arpeggios all day.

[quote name='The Funk' post='444160' date='Mar 24 2009, 07:34 PM']Neither can I, seriously. But I write about half of the lyrics and vocal melodies for my band's material.

Even if you can't sing, you should still try to come up with something. If you're not in a band right now, then start one (with people who actually like real rock) and get them to cowrite it with you.

As you've done most of the hard work on your own, I think you may as well finish it on your own. Songwriting's tough but so much more rewarding (for me anyway) than practising arpeggios all day.[/quote]

Yeah,
pretty good idea.

I'm in a punk band at the moment.

but im into all sorts, classic rock mostly!

Kiss, motley crue, aerosmith, new york dolls, hanoi rocks, enuff zunff etc..

Z
x