Why become a member? ×

SX Jazz 5-String

barneyg42

Just to add that when I sold this to Colin it was basically brand new. I got it shipped in and it was still in it's original packing box from the states, never played, just out of the packaging to check the condition and a string change. So in effect Colin was the first real owner of the bass

[quote name='barneyg42' post='440934' date='Mar 21 2009, 10:37 AM']Noo, its a keeper! Just traded it in, rehearsed it last week and it blew me away! Its an S1

Colin[/quote]

Is it... blimey my eyes are worse than I thought.... looks very nice... Welcome back to the Statii family :)

[quote name='Rich' post='442388' date='Mar 23 2009, 01:17 PM']Hi Col

What's the string spacing at the bridge? Looks narrower than the usual 3/4"ish Fender spacing.[/quote]
Hey Rich, how ya doing?
I've never really understood about spacing, is it literally that I measure the gap from side to side? Usually I just go on the if it feels right it's ok. I'll have a look when I get home.

Col

[quote name='barneyg42' post='454079' date='Apr 4 2009, 01:51 PM']Weekend Bump.......any advice on selling this fine bass gratefully received!
Too expensive, wrong colour, too many strings???
Must be some interest out there! I don't really want to Ebay it.

Colin[/quote]
I don't know what more you could do.

I haven't owned or played an SX, but from the owners on here they all say how good they are for the money. It should surely be a great starter for anyone wanting to move onto playing 5ers at little cost. And if they want to mod it, there's plenty of room for updating without having to remortgage.

I wonder if Lake Placid Blue is not the new black?

Edited by Thunderthumbs

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='454158' date='Apr 4 2009, 03:16 PM']I don't know what more you could do.

I haven't owned or played an SX, but from the owners on here they all say how good they are for the money. It should surely be a great starter for anyone wanting to move onto playing 5ers at little cost. And if they want to mod it, there's plenty of room for updating without having to remortgage.

I wonder if Lake Placid Blue is not the new black?[/quote]
Agreed, and to be honest it's good enough for an experienced 5er player too, I'm only selling because I'm an active bass fan and I'm not confident enough to start messing with pick-ups and circuits myself. Oh and I've skint myself buying another amp :)