Why become a member? ×

Auto swell pedal recommendations

cLepto-bass

I recently sold my Strymon Timeline as I was using only about 5% of its capability. However, must of that use was with the excellent Swell settings so now I need to find a new way of recreating that. Obviously, a volume pedal would be an ideal solution but not possible due to lack of pedalboard space.

So, my question... has anyone used any of the auto swell pedals currently on the market and if so, what are your thoughts? Various models include the TC Electronic Crescendo and Mooer Slow Engine but also very interested in any others I may have missed. Note that the Boss Slow Gear is out of the question on account of the $$$.

Ideally I am looking for a pedal that can do extremely long/slow volume swells well rather than the shorter swells.

Alternatively, and this has just come to me but does anyone know of any other (simple) delay pedals that offer an auto swell setting as that might be an option too.

As always, thanks in advance.