bmi

Ken Lawrence Brase I 6 strings Cocobolo
£3500
MEULAN EN YVELINES

Hello

it is a Ken Lawrence Brase I bass, 6 strings, in perfect condition delivered with its case.

Of all the basses I have tried, this is the one that by far gave me the most beautiful harmonics, and incredible timbre.

You can see on YouTube a famous American bassist playing with this instrument, and it is simply magnificent. This is the main reason why I bought it at the time.

The luthiers who work at Fodera believe that Ken Lawrence is one of the best in their profession, that says it all.

I sell it to buy a fretless one

Here is its description:

KEN LAWRENCE BRASE I – 6 STRINGS
Top Wood: Cocobolo
Body: Ash
Neck: Maple - Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony

Pickups: Duncan Basslines Soapbars
Preamp: Duncan 3-band 9v
Weight: 4.5kg
Scale length: 890mm / 35'
String spacing at bridge: 19mm
Nut width: 53mm
Preamp: Seymour Duncan active 3-band 9V
N° de série: 0257.

Date of manufacture: 18.02.2008

Transport costs are your responsibility, but I will be happy to meet you if you wish to collect it at my home.

His price is 3500£ or 3900 Euros.

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

• Like 6

I lower the price to 3590 Euros !

(Transport costs with insurance is not included in this price.)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kwmlondon
      SOLD NOW!
      *just dropped the price to £149 including UK delivery*
      I’ve just got m’self a new cab so this one is for sale. The price includes UK courier as with lockdown in place I can’t organise collection. It’s only ever been used at home - bedroom levels - never gigged but one corner protector has a dent. Apart from that it’s pristine. It’s a really great thing, light and compact and sounds really good. 
      full spec here
      https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gallien-Krueger-CX-210-8ohm-Bass-Cab/27SU?origin=product-ads&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItZbouZr27QIVF-DtCh063wQbEAQYASABEgLud_D_BwE
      Payment via PayPal gift or bank transfer. I’ll send you my eBay profile if you want to see my seller history. Happy to answer questions. 
      (Edited to add specs/features)
      Features
      400 watts at 8 ohms Compact design and light weight Proprietary ceramic drivers, designed and manufactured in the U.S.A 1/4'' and Speakon input Internal damping and tuned plywood cabinet for resonance and projection Internal bracing, individual chambers and tuned ports to prevent tone-robbing standing waves and sound leakage Rugged flip handles for easy loading Corner protection and vinyl covering High frequency horn with switchable attenuation Specifications
      Power Handling: 400 Watts Resistance: 8 Ohms Speakers: 2 x 10'' Ceramic Connections: Combi Connection 2 Pole Twist Lock Cable Input For Full Range Operation 1/4'' Jack Input Controls: 3 Position Tweeter Attenuator Dimensions: 36.8 x 58.4 x 48.3 cm Weight: 16.7kg

• By Gaucho 5
      Sold to DEEPBASS, very nice chap, will love it I'm certain! Tune Technology: these were originally built in a well-known factory in Japan and quite sought after. The company split and one group started manufacturing these elsewhere Korea or Indonesia not sure? These were not as highly revered due to the lower rent hardware used in this change-over period. This has a Japanese body and neck rescued from the factory with superior fittings most added by the original owner:  Mk2 Bart pickups, Glock 3 band Pre, Gotoh tuners, Schaller bridge, brass nut! 19 mm spacing, extremely slim neck,  24 frets, Flamed Maple top. Couple of small marks in the back of the body, but in excellent nick, neck is ultra-slim! Unfortunately I've not found the time to progress with 6 strings , as nine years after changing exclusively to 5'vers I'm still learning! Cash is King, but I could find room for a another Lakland or Jazzy , maybe PBass 5'ver? will trade up or down, Collection or nearby meet only.
      Gaucho

• By dyerseve
      My clearout due to moving country continues... with that in mind - no trades please.
      Up for sale is the newly re-fretted Aria SB-Elite II / SB-ELT / SB-RSZ
      Model history:
      so here is what I know of the history behind this model(thanks to @Fionn for this info!):
      when it was first released, they called it the SB-Elite II, but changed it to SB-ELT shortly after, so it wouldn’t be confused with a previous model named  SB-Elite II. Anyway, Rudy Sarzo was playing one, so when they got him to endorse it they renamed it the SB-RSZ. All. 3 different names in only 3 years of production. Meanwhile, in Japan, they called it the SB-800 the whole time, despite the fact that there was already a bolt-on single pickup model with that name....
      Bass History:
      Anyway, back to this particular bass - it was originally fretted but somewhere along the line became a fretless which is how I bought it back in 2018. I had it professionally refretted by a local luthier (Tony Wright of Lakestone Guitars) so it is now back in it's original form. Whilst it was being refretted I took the hardware and got it shot-blasted to get rid of the tarnish on the gold hardware - the hardware now has a nickel-like finish which looks much nicer IMO. It isnt perfect though - the gold finish was heavily tarnished and so the shot-blasting worked well but in a couple of small areas it went a bit further so there are some areas where that are slightly unsightly - I am being picky here as this is a 30+ year old bass but I want to be as honest as possible. The bass in general is in very good condition for its age but again there are a few little bumps and knocks commensurate with normal use - certainly not abuse! I have tried to capture all of these in the photos so please study them carefully - there is nothing of any real significance other than a slight crack near the jack - the bass is rock solid, everything works perfectly including the truss rod and electronics. All the pots and switches have been cleaned and work  perfectly.
      Did I mention this bass sounds epic? Not to mention versatile, despite being passive! It features VVT controls and two coil tap switches to give you plenty of tonal varieties to chose from. The natural tone of this bass is quite bright and clear with a hot output.
      The bass is all original and I believe the case is also original to the bass. There is a small screw missing from the control cavity cover but otherwise it is complete and fully functioning. The same luthier that refretted it has just given it a pro setup with new Warwick Red Label strings.
      The ergonomics are excellent - perfect access to all frets , comfortable playing standing or sitting thanks to the body shape and contours. This bass weighs exactly 4kg and the balance is as perfect as it gets. The neck has a jazz neck feel to it - ie thin and fast.
      I think that covers all of it - if you have any questions please let me know.
      Worldwide shipping available at cost - I have a box to pack the bass and case in to for added protection.
      Detailed photos here - please check these for the not so pretty bits!:
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/chfjsuMRjE1n4kJKA

• By Dov65
      Here we have an American Performer Jazz in Satin Sea Foam Green. I've had this up before but took it down as the neck seems very resonant to my lugs. Fender 74 pickups a KickAss bridge and a KiOgon loom finishes it off. This model doesn't come with a case but ive got a Fender case for it...i can stick it in for an extra £80 or comes with gig bag.Not looking for trades unless you have a mint AM Geddy Jazz & cash your way. Anyway UK only please and willing to meet up half way anywhere in UK or can box up if you arrange courier...cheers

• By dyerseve
      Collection only from Dudley DY3 please.
      Good used condition - no issues. Loads of features and a great sound thanks to what I believe is a Celestion speaker, for very little money. Lightweight(30KG) but also has castors.
      No trades thanks as im moving country