Why become a member? ×

Some compositions of mine

Huw Foster

Hey all, another myspace page for you to look at:

[url="http://www.myspace.com/whobert"]myspace.com/whobert[/url]

It's some electronic stuff I come up with every once in a while, mostly using Logic and a bit of Ableton Live (think Four Tet, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, UNKLE, The Cinematic Orchestra). The three tracks currently on the player have all been submitted as coursework for college assignments. Convenient.

So... I haven't actually played any live bass on these tracks (I've got a few in the pipeline that will possibly require it though). You could always give me some feedback about the compositional and production elements (to name but a few) or something.

Oh yeah, the first track is currently a rough mix. Also, the myspace player destroyed the quality when encoding it. So bear that in mind.

Ta

Huw

Live update....

Listening right now. "I can't feel my Face". Brilliant title. Really like this one. Reminds me a lot of John M. Keane, who happens to be a hero of mine. Better than my stuff. Now I'm jealous. Really enjoyed that. Great feel.

Ally Jowett - Have it all. Not grabbing me quite as much. Not sure I like the glitchy bits. Still a good track though, just a bit further from my personal taste. Bit long for me...skipped past it. Sorry.

Speak and Spell. More my thing again. Enjoying this one a lot. Like the string breakdown and it's subsequent build up.

Very good mate...enjoyed that immensely. The first track really stands out for me, rough mix or not!

Paul.

Thanks for the feedback Paul. I'm especially glad you enjoyed 'I can't feel my face'. It took me ages to finish that track (I came up with the initial ideas a year-and-a-half ago and I finished it about a week ago), but I think I've got it just about how I want it.

Incidentally, the title came about when I was walking to college during the particularly freezing winter this year. It was so cold my face felt numb, hence that phrase. Somehow it really suits the track, although if you remove the context it sounds a bit sinister. But I like that.

I've just been listening to it again... I can never get the drums right first time round, they're always way too high in the mix! :)

I'll be checking out John M. Keane as well, since you mentioned a similarity.

Ta

Huw

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

hey man, i'm listening to your tunes, really well made.

My ears are well trained to the myspace filter and i notice that the sounds are really cool. Nice atmosphere too.

Check our website and see if you like our songs. We sometimes join ableton-electronic night, you might be interested if your not into it already.

keep us updated with your uploads

cheerio
.ric.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...