davehux

Ampeg V4B and SVT212 outfit
£1300
Truro, Cornwall

This was always my ‘Sunday Best’ outfit, that I used on special occasions. Now I need to free up some cash for another expensive Boy Hobby, so it needs to go to a new home.

100w doesn’t seem a lot these days, but these are Ampeg, full fat, all valve, watts, and this thing will fill any pub or club with that wonderful Ampeg tone.

Everything you want from an SVT, apart from the hernia lifting the thing. Weighs about half as much as it’s big brother, so it’s no flimsy Class D cigarette packet amp. To save you the bother, the cab has heavy duty, lockable, castors, so it’s an easy roll into your venue.

The head was revalved with new power tubes and PAT tested in March 2019, and it’s done no more than 10 hours on them since then.

Comes with a wraparound padded cover for the head and a normal Roqsolid cover for the cab.

Pretty much mint condition and full working order. I look after my stuff 🙂

On sale at Thomann today for £2039, excluding the covers https://www.thomann.de/gb/ampeg_v_4b_bass_head_bundle_bundle.htm

Collection from near Truro, but could deliver/meet within 100 miles for a genuine buyer - this isn’t the time for tyrekickers and dreamers - sorry!

731AA5FF-A451-4F2D-94F8-A5DC550D74EF.jpeg

AFBAA276-7F18-4D4B-8D5F-940640BFD16D.jpeg

0D4E2A3A-C6F1-4978-92F4-DDAC95658E7B.jpeg

170CA230-913D-426A-8A50-206DDFA903EE.jpeg

AA4F21FC-95E2-413F-84B0-57497D52B451.jpeg

31D2DC02-8C5D-4FA4-B85F-3B06CC44C112.jpeg

F43A790D-6B90-4700-ADA0-A7D03B354D17.jpeg

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bouvier
      Ampeg PF20T along with matching PF-210HE cab.   Bought new last year and virtually unused (I prefer my Orange OB300 Combo).  It is in as new condition complete with Roqsolid cover.  Pete Cornish Speaker Cable plus standard Ampeg lead and full instructions, screws etc...      Ideally would prefer collection, may be able to deliver/meet for cost of fuel.
      Interested in trade with cash either way for Hollowbody Bass - Gibson, Epiphone, Gretsch, Guild, Eastman or similar.   PMs work best.
      Head details: 
      The Ampeg PF20T Tube Head is a Bass Guitar Amplifier Tube Head with 3-band bass, mid and treble tone controls and an input gain control.  This studio-worthy head has the same legendary tone and portability as the Ampeg Portaflex amplifiers and provides a harmonically rich 20 watts of pure Ampeg tone. 
      The PF-20T has simple user-adjustable bias adjustment for easy tune replacement.  No speaker load is necessary for silent recording and the PF-20T can be used as a dedicated tube DI.  The PF-20T can be easily paired with the PF-112HLF for a fantastic and compact all-tube Bass guitar rig.
      Price reduced to £625    NOW   £575
      The main features of the Ampeg PF20T Tube Head include:
      Bass Amp All-tube Design Power: 20 watts into 4 ohms or 8 ohms Tubes: 2x 12AX7, 2x 6V6 3-band EQ Controls: Gain, Bass, Midrange, Treble, Volume Pre / Post EQ Ground Lift Switch Speaker connector: 1x 6.35 mm jack Dimensions (WxHxD): 330 x 185 x 264 mm  Weight: 6.9 kg Features:
      Manufacturer: Ampeg Power Output (Watt): 20 Build: Tubes Circuit: Class A/B Number of Channels: 1 Sound Control: Standard EQ LINE OUT: Yes DI out: Pre+Post Number of Speaker Connections: 1 Speaker Connection: Jack Housing Format: Head Width (mm): 330 Height (mm): 185 Length (mm): 264 Weight (kg): 6.9  
      Cab details:
      Equipped with: 2 x 10" Ceramic Eminence LF speakers and 1" HF compression driver with L-pad volume control Power rating: 450 W RMS @ 8 Ohm Frequency range: 37 Hz - 17 kHz Sensitivity: 99.6 dB SPL @ 1 W / 1 m Dimensions (H x W x D): 584.20 x 533.40 x 355.60 mm Weight: 21.6 kg Vintage Portaflex Flip Top design, Black Diamond Tolex, Vintage B-15 grill cloth Interested in trade with cash either way for Hollowbody Bass - Gibson, Epiphone, Gretsch, Guild, Eastman or similar.   PMs work best.

• By spyder
      Almost new Ampeg Optical Compressor.
      Boxed.
      £55 UK posted.

• By Descendent
      *Update: now £300 with shipping included*
      For sale is my Ashdown Little Stubby 30 watt all-valve head in essentially as-new condition with box etc. Sounds amazing – true valve tone at a respectable weight and size!
      Fully insured shipping is included in the price, using Hermes who I've found very reliable in the past.

Blurb / spec from Ashdown:
      Weight - 12kgs (26lbs) Size(mm) - W - 400 D - 220 H - 80 Valve driven and recovered effects loop Transformer isolated and derived DI Hand wound transformers 4 x JJ EL-84 output valves Independent gain and master volume controls High sens Nominal 100mV @1Mohms Impedance (Suitable for passive instruments) Low sens Nominal 300mV @ 22k impedance (suitable for Active instruments) Totally passive 3 band EQ Feedback control Output power 30 watts continuous 1 x ECC81, 1 X ECC82, 2 x ECC83 preamp valves Zero negative feedback Steel chassis construction Self biasing
      Any questions please ask.
      Cheers.

• By ToLo
      Here's what Ampeg say about this cab:
      400 Watts RMS 4 Ohms Freq response 50Hz - 18kHz (H x W x D) 25.75” x 22.75” x 17.5” Ampeg B410H Series 4x10 Bass Cabinets are quality two-way speaker cabinets suitable for all venue sizes. The cabinets feature heavy duty recessed handles, removable casters, and are built of void free baltic birch plywood. The jackplate features two 1/4” jacks wired in parallel, allowing easy daisy chaining from one speaker to another. Each of the jacks may be used as an input or a through connection. The three position HF Horn switch allows for:
      Full high frequency output (0 setting) High frequencies reduced by 6dB (-6 setting) Horn shutoff (off setting)  
      I'm selling as I have upgraded to a different cab to better accommodate my head. The cab has a few surface scratches (see images), but please feel free to test it out before purchasing. 
      The cab has 4 swivel casters for ease of transport, and has two fold-away handles for 1-2 people to carry.

Collection from SW16.

• By Sweeneythebass
      Useful little pedal but not needed anymore I’ve had it 12 months and used on one gig comes boxed and is mint! Postage of course but add £5.