Why become a member? ×

How can I modify a For Sale post to indicate it is now sold?

Basilpea

Question

I can't see any way of editing a For Sale post to show it is now sold.  Other members seem to be doing it, am I just a dimwit?

Another question that arises from this is why is there not a separate category for Sold Items - as it now stands someone looking through items for sale has to plough through all the Sold items as well.  Whilst it's nice to be able to reference previous sales to gauge prices, they make it difficult and longwinded to find ones currently for sale.

Lastly, I often search the site for a relevant post on a particular subject and am shown no results, however if I search Google it will find one on the site, does the site search facility have a very limited range?

Thanks in advance for your help..

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, Basilpea said:

I can't see any way of editing a For Sale post to show it is now sold.  Other members seem to be doing it, am I just a dimwit?

Another question that arises from this is why is there not a separate category for Sold Items - as it now stands someone looking through items for sale has to plough through all the Sold items as well.  Whilst it's nice to be able to reference previous sales to gauge prices, they make it difficult and longwinded to find ones currently for sale.

Lastly, I often search the site for a relevant post on a particular subject and am shown no results, however if I search Google it will find one on the site, does the site search facility have a very limited range?

Thanks in advance for your help..

Just click ‘Edit’ on your first post and modify the title, or ‘report’ the post with the little flag icon or report text in the corner and someone will lock it. 

Moving sold items to another forum - as you have just shown it’s hard enough to get people to mark items as sold - plus a mod would have to move the posts and that could become quite a task. Also it wouldn’t help our Google rankings. 

The search index works very well now - although it’s a little fiddly (but getting better with each update) - perhaps go to the advanced search and make sure you select the right filters! 

Cheers