Why become a member? ×

Fender '62 reissue Jazz CIJ

mr_russ

Fender CIJ '62 reissue jazz bass with fender custom shop pickups and a badass bridge.

Great low action - excellent condition, it's got a few little marks but nothing major- It's fairly light aswell.

I bought it off of ebay recently because I'm a dick head and keep thinking a 4 string bass will work for me - out of the 8 or so years I've been playing now, I've had a 5 string bass as my main gigging instrument for the last 6 - so for me, a bass has 5 strings.

Trade wise - along with my lakland dj5 which is also for sale - I'm after a lakland JO5 first and if I've got enough money, an MM SR5

[s]£500 [/s] £475 collected or + shipping -

I live in Egham, Surrey - work in Guildford and travel regularly to Brighton.

Russ

Edited by mr_russ

[quote name='mr_russ' post='438881' date='Mar 19 2009, 08:14 AM']I'm surprised at the lack of comments - it's a great looking bass, I even got the tripod and decent camera out to take some good pics :)

Bump[/quote]

I've got mine for sale as well (in Belgium) but no reactions so far either. They're really great basses for the price though, especially with your upgrades.

[quote name='mr_russ' post='441880' date='Mar 22 2009, 06:01 PM']Bump[/quote]

Hey Russ

When you say standard pups, do you mean those original to this bass?

BTW, the pics are good but for great pics you really need to borrow one of Lysdexia's guitar stands! :)

[quote name='Feelgood' post='441891' date='Mar 22 2009, 06:17 PM']Hey Russ

When you say standard pups, do you mean those original to this bass?

BTW, the pics are good but for great pics you really need to borrow one of Lysdexia's guitar stands! :)[/quote]

Yep - or as close to them as I can find - I'm going to look into the economics of it - it may not be worth while.

I think the cheapest you can get a set of CS 60's j pu's is about £110/120 and BA2 bridges are about £60/70 - I could probably get £70 for the pu's and £30 for the bridge - but I'd probably have to spend half of that on the new bits.

I'll look into it further

R

[quote name='Feelgood' post='441891' date='Mar 22 2009, 06:17 PM']BTW, the pics are good but for great pics you really need to borrow one of Lysdexia's guitar stands! :rolleyes:[/quote]

:)

They should sell those guitar stands everywhere! Back on topic, great looking bass Russ.. Good luck with the sale!