Why become a member? ×

NBD - Déjà vu

Joebethell

NBD. 

A couple of years ago while playing with friends on quite a regular basis pub gigs functions etc I managed to find a lovely Pbass it was a mid 80s black with a rosewood board. I threw on my favorite strings a black scratchplate and dispite me usually preferring a narrow nut width it became the go to gigging bass.

The usual story then followed the band stopped playing I moved away and I sold the bass as it wasnt getting used. Now I am a bit of a Ad trawler even if I'm not looking to buy or have no need to I seem to spend free moments clicking through ebay reverb and of course the Basschat sales when I spotted an Ad for a Pbass! A few messages to the seller and a deal was struck. 

Now it's not the old bass I sold but it's as close as I have seen for a long time as these dont seem to come up very often and to top it off it's a YOB for me being a 1983. 

It's in great condition for 37years old with a few small Mark's better than me neck is lovely I would discrible it as shallow and wide (it's going to take a bit of getting used to again but I can see why I moved it to number 1 back in the day) 

I'm waiting for strings to turn up and I have not had chance to get the amp fired up but I'm really pleased. 

On another note I put a black scratchplate on like I had on the old bass but it's not the best of fits at the neck joint and not the correct pattern (13hole) if anyone can point me in the direction of a 15hole plate as all I can see are 13 or 10hole in the usual places.  

First pic is me with the inspiration  

Second from the Ad 

3rd is the new bass with me.

FB_IMG_1565813035181.jpg

Screenshot_20200910-151406_Samsung Internet.jpg

20200910_224930.jpg

Edited by Joebethell
More to add
  • Like 3