Giacomo

SOLD ACG Harlot 5 Rare Neck Thru *Minty* with GLOCKENKLANG preamp
£1600
Milan, Italy

A rare thru neck ACG Headless Harlot 5

A1 Immiculate, as new condition. So a new ACG for half the price.

We’re talking exotic wood for days here: sycamore, Asian ebony, Wenge, flamed maple and swamp ash.

It has grub screws for use with normal strings if that’s what you want.

Just fitted a brand new GLOCKENKLANG stacked 3 band Preamp, made huge improvement on the sound vs the previous John East Eq01. Super transparent 

To commission it would cost in region of £3,000, although I’ve heard that Alan doesn’t now make thru necks.

Perfectly low action, blue fibre optic dots on the side of the neck (which I found a lot better for use on a dark stage than the brighter LEDs that are common) plays like a dream and has plenty of punch.

The fretboard is zero radius and the neck is asymmetrical (slightly thinner on the G side and thicker at the E). Unorthodox but I’m never consciously aware of it and find it very comfy: the neck plays itself.

34-inch scale

Swamp Ash body core

Asian Ebony top/veneer.

Thru 5 piece flame maple/wenge neck

Acrylic Flame Sycamore neck – no dots

Dual Action trussrod

Carbon neck rods

Blue LED via fiber-optic side dots

Black hardware

Hipshot Ultralite Tuners.

Hipshot Type A bridge - 18mm spacing

ACG String anchor

RFB humbucker bridge pick-up with coil switching

RFB Single coil neck pick-up

IMG_20200229_232740.jpg

IMG_20200227_131531.jpg

IMG_20200227_131442.jpg

IMG_20200227_131423.jpg

IMG_20200227_131410.jpg

IMG_20200227_131343.jpg

Edited by Giacomo
SOLD
  • Like 5

On 24/09/2020 at 07:49, dutchwife said:

Can't believe this gorgeous instrument is still here.... 

There are so many lovely instrument FS on this forum at the moment.. possibly is covid time that slows down sales

I don't see many marked as SOLD

BTW I got today in my mail a brand new GLOCKENKLANG Preamp I will fit into the ACG this week end

Edited by Giacomo

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lizzy
      I've been trying to find our more about my Hohner headless bass from the late 80's which  has a jack on the reverse and a strap with a rotating connector so that you can spin the guitar as in ZZ Top style ( but without the fur!).  Does anyone else have this? I can't find out anything about them.
      Luckily it has a conventional jack because it's totally impractical

• By PKeri
      Hi Guys,

For sale or trade my Shuker Series 2 headless bass with Moses graphite neck (Steinberger replacement). I bought this from a fellow basschatter in September and then sent it to Jon to customize it. He installed an ebony ramp to my specs, replaced the EMG knobs with chrome ones and replaced the headpiece to suit single ball strings.

However a few months ago I bought my first ever Ibanez bass (GWB-1) and realized that this is the sort of neck profile I really want (narrow and very slim neck). This neck would also allow me to play 5 strings which is my genuine preference.

Actually the Moses neck is far from chunky and I've found it comfortable to play with my rather small hands.

Condition: 10/10, like new, perfectly set up by Jon + Brand new Elixir strings. The tuners are like butter.

Specs:

- Alder body (not 100% sure)
      - Matt white finish with a shiny texture
      - EMG MMTW pickup
      - 3 way EMG preamp with parametric mids
      - Nut: 39 mm / 24th fret: 57 mm
      - 34” scale Moses graphite neck
      - 16.5 mm string spacing
      -  only 3.5 kg!

I'm not too keen on trades since I have 3 other basses.

Shipping is not included in the asking price.

• By barrabass
      A la venta, mi Vigier Passion III, construido en 1996.
      Es un bajo espectacular, el mejor bajo que he tenido.
      Está en buen estado, algún pequeño toque sin importancia.
      Gastos de envío a cuenta del comprador

• By skb558
      ACG Finn fretted 5, DFM 5K A/P,  Redwood Lace Burl top. Roll on 2021 😍
    • By Bass_Man_Baz
      for sale or trade 
      Not getting the playing time that it deserves, excellent bass that’s super comfortable to play with its 30.5” scale length, suits E-C but I have it set up with heavy gauge hex core boomers and played lovely in B-G as well,

The preamp is amazing, so versatile and great as a studio tool to get loads of tones, passive bypass gives a great natural tone as well. 

Here are the specs.
      body wood is Alder
      top wood is Eucalyptus burl which is stunning
      neck is Wenge and Ash
      Fingerboard is ACG’s signature acrylic impregnated Wenge for superior stability with luminescent inlays which glow on a dark stage.
      Weight is 8.01lbs
      Bridge pickup is the Acg SB single coil and the neck is the Acg FB humbucker
      preamp is the ACG DFM 5k/AP which is the full dual filter modular with push pull mid boost for both pickups, passive/active switch with tone roll off pot as well. 
      Hipshot hardware. 

there is 1 small blemish on the back behind the lower horn I’ll include a picture. 

comes with the original semi Hard shell case.

I will ship at buyers risk, I would prefer collection or I’m happy to drive up to 100 miles to meet up.