Why become a member? ×

62 RI P bass mij

I have a 62 reissue (1988 -1989) P bass (MIJ) in 3 colour sunburst. This is a fantastic bass which took some finding. It has age related scratches but is in excellent condition. It is a really proper thing and my bass playing buddies that have played it agree that it is a keeper really.

I am after a US P bass preferably an old one so I'm after cash for both guitars but would consider trade for a 70's P US.

Any questions or if you would like to try before you buy you are welcome and you wont be disappointed at all.

Thanks

Simon.

Ebay link:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=260378510129"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=260378510129[/url]

Edited by Huggy and the Bears

Hi - I also have the MM sig bass. Just out of interest, what's your issue with it? I think it isn't the easiest bass to play, but the sound is fantastic, it just takes a bit of getting used to. PM me if easier.

Cheers
AM

[quote name='Huggy and the Bears' post='433847' date='Mar 13 2009, 04:09 PM']Hi there. I have for sale a new Marcus Miller Jazz bass in natural with maple fretboard and perl block inlays. I bought it about 5 weeks ago from Promenade music for £780 along with a hard case (additional £50). I just can't get to grips with it. Still has the plastic protecting film on the scratch plate. Never been out of the house.

I'm looking to sell for close to that but I am open to offers.

Additionally I have a 62 reissue (1988 -1989) P bass (MIJ) in 3 colour sunburst. This is a fantastic bass which took some finding. It has age related scratches but is in excellent condition. It is a really proper thing any my bass playing buddies that have played it agree that it is a keeper really. Ideally I'd like about £400 but again I'm open to offers.

I am after a US P bass preferably an old one so I'm after cash for both guitars but would consider trade for a 70's P US.

I'll try and get picks on over the weekend.

Any questions or if you would like to try before you buy you are welcome and you wont be disappointed at all.

Thanks

Simon.[/quote]

[quote name='AM1' post='434277' date='Mar 13 2009, 11:39 PM']Hi - I also have the MM sig bass. Just out of interest, what's your issue with it? I think it isn't the easiest bass to play, but the sound is fantastic, it just takes a bit of getting used to. PM me if easier.

Cheers
AM[/quote]

Just can't fall in love with it! I fancy a US Precision to play with.

[quote name='Huggy and the Bears' post='433847' date='Mar 13 2009, 04:09 PM']Hi there. I have for sale a new Marcus Miller Jazz bass in natural with maple fretboard and pearl block inlays. I bought it about 5 weeks ago from Promenade music for £780 along with a hard case (additional £50). I just can't get to grips with it. Still has the plastic protecting film on the scratch plate. Never been out of the house.

I'm looking to sell for close to that but I am open to offers.

Additionally I have a 62 reissue (1988 -1989) P bass (MIJ) in 3 colour sunburst. This is a fantastic bass which took some finding. It has age related scratches but is in excellent condition. It is a really proper thing and my bass playing buddies that have played it agree that it is a keeper really. Ideally I'd like about £400 but again I'm open to offers.

I'll try and get picks on over the weekend.

Thanks

Simon.[/quote]
Pics added

[quote name='Huggy and the Bears' post='434577' date='Mar 14 2009, 01:32 PM']Just can't fall in love with it! I fancy a US Precision to play with.[/quote]

Take off the Fender strings and stick on some Hi-Beams, it sounds fantastic with them. Like you, I'm also after a Precision as the sound suits my band better, we did a comparison at last night's rehearsal and whilst the jazz bass is an excellent bass in it's own right, the Precision tone suited the overall sound better.

Looks like my bass will be joining yours in the FS section!

Cheers

AM

I think that the only Fender I've ever really got into was my natural MM - and I bleeding well sold it. Seeing as you live so near it's just as well that I'm boracic and selling instead of buying :)

Have a bump for a great bass.

[quote name='Huggy and the Bears' post='433847' date='Mar 13 2009, 04:09 PM']I have a 62 reissue (1988 -1989) P bass (MIJ) in 3 colour sunburst. This is a fantastic bass which took some finding. It has age related scratches but is in excellent condition. It is a really proper thing and my bass playing buddies that have played it agree that it is a keeper really.

Thanks

Simon.[/quote]

Deal now done on Marcus Miller but P bass still available and listed on ebay.

[quote name='Huggy and the Bears' post='433847' date='Mar 13 2009, 04:09 PM']I have a 62 reissue (1988 -1989) P bass (MIJ) in 3 colour sunburst. This is a fantastic bass which took some finding. It has age related scratches but is in excellent condition. It is a really proper thing and my bass playing buddies that have played it agree that it is a keeper really.

Thanks

Simon.

Ebay link:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=260378510129"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=260378510129[/url][/quote]

Link added