Why become a member? ×

NPD

Japhet

Bought a T Rex Diva drive from Thomann. Nice and cheap (£60 ish). Bought it for electric guitar but it sounds great with bass too. It has a kind of 'voice' switch which gives you Normal, Mids or Fat but also has a blend control so you can mix in your dry sound. Think it could be a cracking pedal but won't really know til I can try it out at a gig - if that ever happens again.

1 hour ago, danbowskill said:

Looks interesting. Is it Tube screamer based?

Please update when you have had a "in the mix" blast 👍

I guess you'd describe it as TS based although I don't particularly like TSs but I do like this. TSs get a bit too 'thin for my liking but this maintains the bottom end really well, especially with the 'fat' option selected on the side switch. I also particularly like being able to blend in as much clean tone as you want. I bought it to fatten up the sound of a Strat (which it does really well) but then tried it with the bass (admittedly at low volume) and have found that to be a sound I really like as well. I'm not into heavy distortion and I'd only really describe this as low to moderate gain, but it does a really nice full but gritty sound on both 6 and 4 strings. It also cleans up really well if you roll off a bit of volume on the guitar. No idea when I'll be able to give it a proper blast but I'd say it's well worth checking out. I'll be very surprised if it doesn't nail down a place on my pedal board.

Edited by Japhet