Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD: Fender USA Precision Bass 1982 (Dan Smith-era)
£1350
The Netherlands/Germany

Quasar79

Back for sale is this beauty: a made in USA Fender Precision bass from the Dan Smith-era, made in 1982. Bought this not long ago from a fellow Dutchman and great and kind seller, but i also bought a Fender '62 avri jazz and that is better suited for me.

Color is black with a maple neck. It still has the 70s type neck/logo/tuners, but the body has the deeper/rounder contours that returned in the Dan Smith era. Also the white pickup covers are typical for that Era. It still has the 70s style chrome bridge- and pickup covers though.

Overall it looks like a 70s Fender bass, but with a nicer build quality, very typical from basses made in that period ('82 and '83).

The bass is in pretty good condition for being nearly 40 years old. It has a few damages and usermarks, but nothing serieous. Overall it has a fresh appearance.

Its not only a great looking bass, it plays lovely too with a low action if wished so. Technically the bass is all fine. The neck is straight and adjustable, and all the electronics and hardware function like they should. The bass appears to be all original except for the bridge plate. Nut width is 42mm and weight 4.7kg.

A non-original generic hardcase is included. 

€1.500 (£1.350)

The bass is located in Germany, but I am happy to ship with europe/UK at buyers risk, or i can meet in The Netherlands/Germany.

For questions or trades or anything else: please send me a personal message.

imageproxy.php.jpg

imagepro5xy.php.jpg

imagepro4xy.php.jpg

imagepro7xy.php.jpg

imagepro77xy.php.jpg

imageproxy8.php.jpg

imageprox66y.php.jpg

imagepro9xy.php.jpg

imagepro333xy.php.jpg

imagep666roxy.php.jpg

imagep55roxy.php.jpg

ima33geproxy.php.jpg

imagepr6oxy.php.jpg

imageprorrrxy.php.jpg

imageprorrrrrxy.php.jpg

Edited by Quasar79
On hold
  • Like 2

I can confirm that this is a very nice precision. If you are initially looking into late 70s Fenders, you might want to look at this one. It's just a few years younger, but it's still similar to a 70s, only nicer build quality than all 70s fenders I have owned so far. The "good stuff" from the early 80s are my favorite fenders. 

The seller is a nice and reliable guy, and has graduated at packing school. 

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 1