Why become a member? ×

Dean Edge 8 String *SOLD*
£250
Yeovil

Woodinblack

My Dean 8 edge 8 string. Love this thing but fundamentally just not playing it and I am cutting down numbers. I also have no idea what one of these is worth so putting it up here at £250, I can't even remember what I paid for it but it was something around there.

It is a bit tatty, has a few scratches and dings, and the top of the headstock has had some impact before I had it (which is odd, as I normally do that). You can see from the pictures although there are a few highlights from the lights which look like scratches but aren't.

I do have the truss rod cover somewhere but I have looked today and can't find it. If I find it I will put it back on but assume it doesn't have it.

Active bass, 4x2 strings, bass, treble, no passive option. I have just replaced the jack socket as it was very noisy, now it isn't, it is very quiet.

The neck relief needs doing probably, it is as flat as a pancake which means the low F buzz on the strings. I never bothered to correct it as I quite like the sound but it probably needs doing. Or maybe the fret is low as nothing else is buzzing. Either way it has a low action and could easily come up but it has one of those fixed bridges where the whole thing goes either side.

As per the other adverts, pickup from Yeovil, drop off closish, meeting half way, can look into postage but by now I am getting a bit low on boxes. Not out of the country thats for sure.

No trades, trying to cut down on stuff, although suppose I could put it towards a HX stomp, don't need basses or amps though. Can do sound samples if you want

Anyway, pictures!

IMG_0735.thumb.jpeg.52784a421fa848842a17706f444151cf.jpeg

Would be nice with the TRC wouldn't it?

IMG_0733.thumb.jpeg.2ffcbd866331819a1a359f5121b518d2.jpeg

The scratches at the top of this are scratches, the white dots at the bottom are reflections of lights

IMG_0732.thumb.jpeg.19d9f00a6000c9de62b7db3d11f62b92.jpeg

All those pretty machine heads

IMG_0731.thumb.jpeg.552c8dc4be3a565089da0dfb6fa0ac4b.jpeg

Can always clean this if you want.

IMG_0730.thumb.jpeg.aaa4958d008398bb755dfcbf15286289.jpeg

The bridge adjustment is just the two screws either side of the bridge, so the E(s) end can go up a bit.

Edited by Woodinblack

• MB1 locked this topic