Why become a member? ×

Genzler Magellan 350 or Eden Terra Nova TN501. Advice please

caterhamsuper7

Hi

I am looking at 2 amps

Genzler Magellan 350 of the Eden TN501

Both meet my needs of having Line/AUX in and Headphones. Use at home and good enough to gig at later dates

I purchased a PJB CAB27 and will probably add a CAB47 at a later date
Bass i am using at present is a Sandberg TM2

Can anyone advise me experiences with either of these 2 amps or advice. . TN501 i can get from Thomann for £235 which is great price

Or are there other alternative please? Mark Bass BIg Bang 2nd hand ?
thank you in advance

Stu

I had the TN501 - nice at low volume and playing alone but not good in the loud band setting.   It ran out of puff very early on in terms of volume knob settings and the louder it went, the "thinner" the sound became.   The Ashdown RM EVO 11 500W which replaced it was in a different league - more "heft" if that really is a thing.     

I now have a Magellan 800, but I haven't had the chance to play this in the band context due to Covid - very different and much more flexible in terms of getting the sound you want.

Didn't like the TN that was in the rehearsal rooms, but it had more juice about it than my Eden WTX500.

I also traded up to a Magellan 800 and the 350 is going to sound the same bar the power. Totally in love with the Magellan, can do everything the Eden could but way better. Near silent where the Eden had a bit of noise - definitely worth the money.