Why become a member? ×

What Fender logo case have I got?

I bought this on here a few weeks ago thinking it was a standard P/J fit.  Unfortunately though it fits neither.  I'll add here that the seller kindly offered a refund, but I didn't take him up on it.

On first sight it looks to me to be a J shaped cutout in the case but a standard J's body is too big for it.  The person I bought it off said his P Lyte was a loose fit.  I wondered if it might be a J Deluxe because they have smaller bodies (I think).  But laying my standard P in the case it looks only just about long enough for a 34" scale, so maybe it's for a medium scale?  Someone suggested the brand of Heartfield, which I must admit I'd never heard of.

Anyway, the link below will take you to some pics.  I'll probably sell this case once I'm sure of what it's meant for.

Any ideas, please?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/188858572@N04/

Edited by inthedoghouse
Typo

Thanks for those suggestions.  I only really know about the standard models of P & J, I didn't know about Longhorn and J Plus.  I just looked them up, the J Plus has a smaller body than a standard J so that's a possibility.  Is the Longhorn a full size body?

53 minutes ago, inthedoghouse said:

Thanks for those suggestions.  I only really know about the standard models of P & J, I didn't know about Longhorn and J Plus.  I just looked them up, the J Plus has a smaller body than a standard J so that's a possibility.  Is the Longhorn a full size body?

Yes, long horn is full size, just...um...er...well...hornier 😳

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chiliwailer said:

Yes, long horn is full size, just...um...er...well...hornier 😳

Thanks 🙂 A hornier bass - better keep the case closed in case they breed   🙂  Nice looking bass btw 🙂

Edited by inthedoghouse
Typo
  • Haha 1