Why become a member? ×

Ampeg B200R Combo

niceguyhomer

[quote name='BassBod' post='431441' date='Mar 11 2009, 01:00 PM']I thought about getting one...but was put off by reports (on the interweb only..) about bad cabinet rattles and poor construction. Not the best way to evaluate an amp, I know, but it was enough at the time.[/quote]

The b50 and the B100 I play both have no rattles or construction issues.

Both of them have blown the power light though. Which is a shame cos they're a nice blue colour.

Shame about the light - I remember (maybe wrongly) it was only the newer 200 that was getting the complaints. What seemed to hack people off was moving from a reliable b100 up to the new higher wattage version and then having to deal with unexpected cabinet problems. Sounded like early production problems?

Anyone got one recently? How heavy are they (really?)

[quote name='BassBod' post='432198' date='Mar 12 2009, 10:03 AM']Shame about the light - I remember (maybe wrongly) it was only the newer 200 that was getting the complaints. What seemed to hack people off was moving from a reliable b100 up to the new higher wattage version and then having to deal with unexpected cabinet problems. Sounded like early production problems?

Anyone got one recently? How heavy are they (really?)[/quote]

Would be a bad state of affairs if they did rattle. They ain't cheap are they!