Why become a member? ×

FOR SALE: 1994 Gibson Les Paul Standard Honeyburst (USA)

Hi, I'm selling my 1994 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Honeyburst 'made in the USA'. I brought this is 1996 from Guitarland in Watford, Hertfordshire (which is sadly no longer there). I played in few bands but from 1999 to date, its pretty much stayed in its case so is in a fantastic condition. There are some light marks to the back of the guitar by the pick up selector but this can only be seen when held to the light. There is a little wear to the top of the bridge which doesn't effect the way it plays. No major scrapes or dings - any other “marks” in the photos are just reflections or wood grain, but if in doubt please ask - I think the colour & overall look is well represented in the photos - everything works as it should, there are no issues.

It comes with its original Gibson hard leather case plus its original scratch plate and pick up covers, I had them removed as I wanted the 'Jimmy Page' look.

I'm based in Bournville, Birmingham, approx 15mins from Junction 2 or Junction 3 M42, and approx 20mins from Junction 6 M6. Any questions please feel free to ask and I would welcome any inspection.

Price: £1100

Email me and i'll send photos.

Thanks
Brad

[email protected]

[quote name='jonthebass' post='431390' date='Mar 11 2009, 11:54 AM']WOW - Very nice :wub:
A bit Slash looking with the black humbuckers and no pickguard.

Take me down to the paradise city...[/quote]

thanks to all the interest here, and yeah love slash but i guess i'm like more like izzy than the big man!

Hi Bradthebass,
I notice from the rear headstock photo that the serial number indicates it's actually a 1992 model (1st & 5th numbers).
Just wanted to point that out for you.

I just don't have the moolah for this but can't stop looking at this beut!

Regards,
JTB

[quote name='jonthebass' post='433238' date='Mar 13 2009, 08:29 AM']Hi Bradthebass,
I notice from the rear headstock photo that the serial number indicates it's actually a 1992 model (1st & 5th numbers).
Just wanted to point that out for you.

I just don't have the moolah for this but can't stop looking at this beut!

Regards,
JTB[/quote]

Thanks for the comment, and this is something that has puzzled me for many a year... When i brought the guitar back in 96' i was told it was 2 years old, however the serial no would suggest 1992 then 4 years old, Which has always left me abit puzzled...

Please see the link below where it states the following:

[url="http://www.gibson.com/en-us/support/serialnumbersearch/"]http://www.gibson.com/en-us/support/serialnumbersearch/[/url]

[b]"There are always exceptions to these rules, the two listed below are worth noting:
[/b]
Les Paul Classic: This model features an ink stamped serial number with no "MADE IN USA" (just as we used on the original 1952-1960 Les Pauls). Most will be 5 to 6 digits in length, but the earliest examples feature 4 digit serial numbers. There should be a space after the 1st digit with the 4 and 5 digit serial numbers, and no space with the 6 digit numbers.

The 1st digit indicates the year of manufacture for the 4 & 5 digit serial numbers, these were used from 1989-1999. The 1st and 2nd indicate the year of manufacture for the 6 digit serial numbers which we've been using since 2000.

Examples -
9 xxx = 1989 (4 digit number beginning with "9" used only in 1989)
0 xxxx = 1990
9 xxxx = 1999
00xxxx = 2000
05xxxx = 2005

[b]Those beginning with "94":
In 1994, Gibson's Centennial year, many instruments have a serial number that begins with "94" for the year, with the remaining 6 digits indicating the ranking number. "[/b]

So there we have it, 1994 was a centennial year, hence the different serial number. I know this is 'glass-eye' stuff, but it now makes sense!

thanks again and well spotted!

[quote name='jonthebass' post='433387' date='Mar 13 2009, 10:57 AM']I stand corrected.
Thanks for the info and clarification, I never knew that.

Do you still have the pickguard and or any accessories that came with the guitar?[/quote]

Hi, yeah still got the original pickguard and pickup covers (see below) also, i've got a Gibson strap plus strap locks which is all included.

If anyone wants to see any more pictures, please drop me a line.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='bradthebass' post='433357' date='Mar 13 2009, 11:39 AM']So there we have it, 1994 was a centennial year, hence the different serial number. I know this is 'glass-eye' stuff, but it now makes sense!

thanks again and well spotted![/quote]

Perfect sense as the serial 94002*** would mean the guitar was stamped on the 400th day of the year :) :rolleyes: