Why become a member? ×

Aphex Bass Xciter Vs BBE Sonic Stomp?

NJE

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has the BBE Sonic Stomp? any ideas how good this is compared to the Aphex? I have read some comments about the Aphex not being very well put together despite being a great pedal but just wanted to know if anyone has used or has a Sonic Stomp?

Thanks,

Nathan

Hi Nathan

I use a Sonic Stomp. It does what it says and improves the lows and the highs. Hard to explain the sound but you get a smoother fuller bass tone, the best thing to do is play it for a while and then turn it off, you'll wonder where your tone went. I use it turned on all the time. The unit is very well made and sturdy.

There are some good reviews on Talkbass or Harmony Central.

I haven't tried the Aphex unit.

Hope this helps

Steve

Edited by stevefletch59

Cheers for the advice. I have actually put a hold on my search for an Aphex because of finances but do have an eye on a BBE as they seem to be going cheaper than the Aphex. fingers crossed, it looks like a great pedal and I had a look on youtube where there were a few demos which just reitterate your comments. Lets see what happens.

[quote name='stevefletch59' post='429308' date='Mar 9 2009, 01:09 PM']Hi Nathan

I use a Sonic Stomp. It does what it says and improves the lows and the highs. Hard to explain the sound but you get a smoother fuller bass tone, the best thing to do is play it for a while and then turn it off, you'll wonder where your tone went. I use it turned on all the time. The unit is very well made and sturdy.

There are some good reviews on Talkbass or Harmony Central.

I haven't tried the Aphex unit.

Hope this helps

Steve[/quote]

I’d say exactly the same about the Aphex :)

They do the same thing but in a slightly different way. I’d love to A/B them - I guess that would be the only way to understand how they differ.