Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Love Really Hurts Without You

JohnSlade07

Does anyone have a decent tab for Love Really Hurts Without You by Billy Ocean please? I've got to learn it fairly quickly for a wedding. I've had a quick run through and it seems to revolve around the following (or something similar plus a key change obviously towards the end). Am I on the right lines, or even anywhere close?

Verse
F/F/C/C
Gm/Gm/Dm/C

Chorus
F/F/C/C
Gm/Bb/Dm/C

Cheers

John.

Looks pretty ok.

I know the guy who played on the record (Alan Jones) - he's in Germany this week - pm me your phone number and I will pass it on to him - I'm sure he'd be able to help.

[quote name='JohnSlade07' post='428722' date='Mar 8 2009, 05:36 PM']Does anyone have a decent tab for Love Really Hurts Without You by Billy Ocean please? I've got to learn it fairly quickly for a wedding. I've had a quick run through and it seems to revolve around the following (or something similar plus a key change obviously towards the end). Am I on the right lines, or even anywhere close?

Verse
F/F/C/C
Gm/Gm/Dm/C

Chorus
F/F/C/C
Gm/Bb/Dm/C

Cheers

John.[/quote]

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='428874' date='Mar 8 2009, 09:13 PM']Looks pretty ok.

I know the guy who played on the record (Alan Jones) - he's in Germany this week - pm me your phone number and I will pass it on to him - I'm sure he'd be able to help.[/quote]

Y'know, there's not many places where you can get direct contact with the original artist to sort out a transcription issue!

f***ing RESULT!, Dr OTB, you've got a drink on me, if you ever come by Newbury! :)

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='428875' date='Mar 8 2009, 09:18 PM']Y'know, there's not many places where you can get direct contact with the original artist to sort out a transcription issue!

f***ing RESULT!, Dr OTB, you've got a drink on me, if you ever come by Newbury! :)[/quote]

Gawd bless ya! We don't f*ck about here mate - `...you wanna know the licks and tricks, then stick with Nick's mates!!'

Alan will be more than happy to help - if he's still in the country! Not sure when he's flying out. I'm depping for him this Saturday with the singer Mike Berry!

No way I can trump that offer BUT John, if you PM me your e-mail address I can send you an MP3 of the MIDI track with the Bass way up in the mix. The Drum and Bass tracks are easy to pick out with the other instruments just audible so you know where you are. As we use MIDI tracks I use them to learn the numbers. If you use a MIDI player you can either Solo the bass or drop all the other tracks down to learn the
Bass Parts. Slow it down, repeat whatever.
This version is in Ab but easy to move once you've learnt it.
It's a really good version so if you want it, let me know.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='428896' date='Mar 8 2009, 09:46 PM']The very man - I'm honoured to be a mate of his.[/quote]

I read he was very ill/had a dreadful accident some years ago.

Great player, give him my regards from an insignificant fan.

[quote name='neilb' post='429614' date='Mar 9 2009, 06:14 PM']I read he was very ill/had a dreadful accident some years ago.

Great player, give him my regards from an insignificant fan.[/quote]

For those of you that may not be aware, Alan is perhaps one of the industries finest bass players - he is one of my main heroes and to say that he nearly died after an horrific motorway accident in 1988 he was out playing again following nearly a year's stay in hospital around 1990. The doctors told him that he may never walk, drive a car or yet alone play again and he proved them completely wrong - the guy is a legend. I told Alan that one of my fave basslines is `Kool in the Kaftan' by BA Robertson - yes, Alan played on it! His Shadows connection of course gave him more of a visible presence but he has played with thousands of name artists as well as film and TV scores etc.

I will give him your regards Neil.