Why become a member? ×

2003 G&L Tribute L-2500 5 String - Cherry Sunburst

cockbongo

Ok, i've had this for about 3 months now and I really can't justify owning yet another bass. Redundancy means I have to sell. :)

And it sucks - sonically this is the most flexible bass i have *ever* played. Now i'm not brilliant at specs but I think these are correct.

2003 5 string Model - 21 frets - 34" scale
Cherry Burst finish on body and satin finish on neck
Swamp ash body with maple neck, and I think its a rosewood fingerboard
String through body, although the bridge can be top loaded as well - 2 MFD humbuckers - looks like a Musicman.
The pre-amp controls are just incredible - 3-way pickup switch, 2-way series/parallel switch, 3-way passive/active/active with treble boost switch, volume knob, treble knob, and a bass knob. Any sound you like, seriously.

The guy who sold this to me had also replaced the controls knobs/switches with brand new ones that are normally fitted to an L-2500, so actually these are better than a brand new Tribute L-2500.

Attached are some pictures - now, i'm no photographer, and as the bass is in immaculate condition any marks you can see I can assure you are just sweaty fingerprints of mine or a but of dust on the bridge that need a clean....:rolleyes: I can promise you it will be even more immaculate when shipped.

I'm looking for £350 not including shipping, which i'm happy to sort out with the buyer in any way they like. I don't have a spare case to sell with it either i'm afraid, but i'm sure we can sort something out.

Edited by cockbongo

You'll regret it.....but that's easy for me to say, never been made redundant. Sorry to hear it and sorry it has come to this.
I have just sold one of mine, but there is no way I would sell "Midnight". They are indeed the most flexible bass I have ever owned. You can get Stingray, P-Bass, Jazz sounds and more besides.
Every Home should have one.

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='BassBunny' post='424686' date='Mar 4 2009, 12:17 AM']You'll regret it.....but that's easy for me to say, never been made redundant. Sorry to hear it and sorry it has come to this.
I have just sold one of mine, but therei s no way I would sell "Midnight". They are indeed the most flexible bass i have ever owned.
Every Home should have one.[/quote]

I know i'll regret it, thats the thing. I may even find one to buy back when things pick up again. But needs must. And I know at least it will find a good home on here!

you`re so right ............................ I keep finding myself looking at it!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='424845' date='Mar 4 2009, 10:33 AM']Gorgeous bass; very GAS-inducing (if there is such a phrase?)..[/quote]

Congrats for sale and releasing me from perusing your ,now,ex-bass.

[quote name='cockbongo' post='426832' date='Mar 6 2009, 12:55 AM']Now sold. Thanks for the interest![/quote]