Why become a member? ×

Brilliant guy making custom basses in Portugal

1976fenderhead

Just thought you might be interested:
[url="http://www.jpcustomguitars.net/"]http://www.jpcustomguitars.net/[/url]

Seems good stuff and by what I was told, he'll make it to your full specs of body shape, wood, pickups, bridge, etc etc...

Haven't found out anything about prices yet though, guess I'll have to email the guy...

[quote name='Soulfinger' post='424779' date='Mar 4 2009, 09:17 AM']The basses do nothing for me I´m afraid but that archtop g*itar is making me drool... :)[/quote]

Hehe... the one on the top right?
Basses are his speciality though, that's how he started, but he does guitars just as well I think... I only know a guy who has a guitar (not bass) made by him but I haven't seen it yet... I will probably meet JP next summer and have a look at his studio (I often have my holidays in that town)...

JP used to make guitars and basses a few years back. I got to try a few out, and to be 100% honest, they weren't quite as good as the pictures might indicate. I don't want to be too critical, as there's bugger all choice for custom guitars in Portugal, but I felt there was a lack of attention to detail with the basses I tried. That was quite a few years back, though (at least 4 or more), so maybe he's got a few more tricks up his sleeve these days.