Why become a member? ×

"Do you know Wonderful Tonight?"

Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='OldGit' post='69980' date='Oct 5 2007, 01:46 PM']Incidentally did you do the radio or CD version? or did it vary according to the gig?[/quote]

We did the mucky version unless there were kids in. We played it at the end of the night when everybody was well oiled, always went down well ! :)

I do like that insurance line. Maybe I could adapt it to 'we can't play (whatever pile of crap they request) cos we have to submit a list of our set to the PRS in advance'.

At the mo the best I can manage is to reply over the mic to a cry of 'Play something we know' with a sarcy 'know something we play'.

We were begged for sweet home alabama the other week - and the dude got the beers in - so we did a reggae version!!

i'm in a punk covers band and play the clash, sex pistols, chelsea, generation x etc, and last week we got asked by some drunk neep who was obviousley in the wrong place to play crystal chandeliers :huh:
ha ha so we did it, 100 mph, with made up lyrics about song requests for the verses....the dick that asked for it wasnt too pleased but he didnt ask again and everyone was in fits of laughter :)