Why become a member? ×

Fender USA Jazz Bass FRETLESS

KevinJazzBass

Hey Everyone.

I have decided to try and sell my lovely Fretless Jazz, the bass is superb but I just don't play it anywhere near as much as I should do (maybe a couple of hours every couple of months) because I personally find it easier and more enjoyable to play my fretted Jazz. I feel its a shame to have such a nice bass gathering dust in my room (I have also been gassing for a vintage precision for far too long now and its about time i done something about it :)).

I got the bass new as a Christmas gift in 2006 and it was purchased from Sound control in Stockton on Tees. These basses used to retail at £999 but i cant seem to find them online anymore so I think Fender might have stopped producing them :s.

The bass is in mint condition (not even a scratch!) and comes with the original Fender hardcase for protection. I am a student in Scarborough but I regularly return home for the odd weekend to Hartlepool and also regularly visit Leeds for bass Lessons. So if you wanted I could probably deliver or meet to exchange the bass anywhere between Leeds and Newcastle as long as the buyer covers my fuel cost. Otherwise I am willing to ship to the UK and maybe the EU but please message me for quotes.

The bass is currently strung with Fender 8250m round wound strings but has only ever been played with flat wounds, the reason for this is I recently swapped the flat wounds onto my fretted Jazz because I'm playing a lot more reggae now. So I put the round wounds onto the Fretless just to prevent the neck from warping.

The bass currently has a black US jazz pickguard on it (taken from my butterscotch blonde jazz) but I do have the original white one (still will sticker protector) and I would rather supply that with the bass as I would prefer to keep hold of the black one in case I want to reunite it with the butterscotch bass one day.

The pictures verify how lovely this bass looks and its condition, you may also notice the original sound control barcode sticker on the back of the headstock, I believe this could pass for a brand new bass. Please Note!!! I do not keep the bass near a radiator, I just put it there for the photos and the radiator was off.

Im looking for offers around £550 ONO but I would also accept a trade for a nice amp such as an Ampeg SVT3 Pro or Aguilar AG500 or AG500SC. I would also considering using this bass as a part ex towards a Fender precision however id rather it was vintage and had a maple neck.

Thanks for looking and any questions please email me and I will respond ASAP

Kev

PS The pictures were taken with my camera phone and just intended to give you a general idea of look and the condition, if anyone was interested and wanted more detailed pics that would not be a problem... just message me and I will borrow my housemates digital camera.

[attachment=21260:01032009274.jpg]
[attachment=21261:01032009275.jpg]
[attachment=21262:01032009276.jpg]
[attachment=21263:01032009277.jpg]
[attachment=21264:01032009278.jpg]
[attachment=21266:01032009279.jpg]
[attachment=21269:01032009280.jpg]
[attachment=21264:01032009278.jpg]

Edited by KevinJazzBass