Why become a member? ×

Original vintage Dynacord valve equipment – No.3 of 3

Happy Jack

My collection of vintage amplifiers & cabs is now down to the hard core, and about to reduce to (gulp) one – my trusty WEM Dominator Mk.II.

That means that this gorgeous DYNACORD HIFI MV15 from 1957 has got to go.

[attachment=21211:DSCF2010.JPG] [attachment=21212:DSCF2011.JPG] [attachment=21213:DSCF2012.JPG]

It’s a 17 Watt Hi-Fi Misch-Verstarker = a very early example of a Mixer-Amplifier designed to allow several instruments/microphones to play through it. Back in the day, a German jazz trio (or whatever) would simply plug all their kit into this unit and that would be all they needed. 17 watts (for the whole group) would be more than enough for most venues.

For the valve-heads out there, the full kit is: 2 x ECC83, 2 x EL84, EF86, EZ81.

Tech Spec: [url="http://www.el-me-se.de/pdf_files/MV15.pdf"]http://www.el-me-se.de/pdf_files/MV15.pdf[/url]

For the less-technical, this is a superb-sounding vintage valve amp. Classic, warm tone combined with outrageous looks, and you can share it with the keyboard player!

Can handle 15 and 6 Ohms. Strangely this sounds particularly good if plugged through a 210.

As you can see from the photos, this unit is in superb, museum condition. It’s fully functional after over 50 years but with a bit of hiss, and comes with appropriate cables/converters. It’s also built (surprise, surprise) like a tank.

Offers in the region of £250 if you’re interested.

If you’re near me (London W4) and would like to come round and have a look, not a problem.

Jack
07786 251295

Thats lovely. Unfortunately having just bought a '60's Carlsbro valve amp - I simply cannot think of one slither of an excuse as to why I might need to own this, so I'll give you a free bump instead!

Pluck

Edited by sgt-pluck