Why become a member? ×

Original vintage Dynacord valve equipment – No.2 of 3

Happy Jack

My collection of vintage amplifiers & cabs is now down to the hard core, and about to reduce to (gulp) one – my trusty WEM Dominator Mk.II.

That means that this DYNACORD ECHOCHORD SUPER-61 from 1961 has got to go.

[attachment=21207:DSCF2006.JPG] [attachment=21208:DSCF2007.JPG]

[attachment=21209:DSCF2008.JPG] [attachment=21210:DSCF2009.JPG]

It’s a Mixer-Echo Chamber designed to blow the WEM Copicat out of the water.

For the valve-heads out there, the full kit is: 5 x ECC83, ECC82, EM84.

Tech Spec: [url="http://www.el-me-se.de/pdf_files/ECHOCORDSUPER61.pdf"]http://www.el-me-se.de/pdf_files/ECHOCORDSUPER61.pdf[/url]

This particular model was intended for use (ideally) with the matching Dynacord Eminent amplifier. As luck would have it, I’m selling one of those too …

As you can see from the photos, this unit is in very used condition. It’s NOT fully functional and should be viewed as a project with a fair bit of work needed to get the best out of it. Last time I had it working three of the five heads were operational, but it doesn’t seem to have enjoyed being in storage for a year! I have a bunch of spare tape-loops for it and they’ll be included.

It comes with appropriate cables/converters for those who don’t like 3-pin and 5-pin DIN plugs. It’s also built (surprise, surprise) like a tank.

If it was fully-functional I’d be looking for over £400 for this. Given the current condition, offers in the region of £150 if you’re interested.

If you’re near me (London W4) and would like to come round and have a look, not a problem.

Jack
07786 251295

Edited by Happy Jack

[quote name='bumnote' post='426005' date='Mar 5 2009, 12:00 PM']Try it on one of the shadows sites
If you cant find the details I have them at home[/quote]

Did they use Dynacord kit, then? I assumed they'd be using WEM Copicats.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='426152' date='Mar 5 2009, 01:47 PM']Did they use Dynacord kit, then? I assumed they'd be using WEM Copicats.[/quote]

No Hank used Meazzi, Vox, roland all sorts

The reason I suggested a shadows sight is a lot of them are passionate about gear, and I have seen echo units go for large money.

A lot of the shadows fans spend countless hours arguing over how to get hanks sound including a long proposal that Apache was actually recorded on a Gretch.

There are shadows clubs all over the country where people get together to play, there one near me, and people travel for miles.

Just thought it would have more appeal on a shadows site than a bass site.